Prologue

For the first time in a long time, he wasn't bored

For the first time in a long time, he wasn't bored. He couldn't even remember the last time he ever had as much fun as the last two weeks that transpired. He had written off that finding his brother was going to be a challenge, and perhaps a tedious chore. Who knew he was going to end up enjoying himself and have an amazing time during the entire stint. It baffled him and didn't make sense at all. It hit him suddenly that he hadn't been bored.

There was something about Quinn that Iain couldn't place. With her innocent sexiness, clear intelligence, wit, and vulnerability that's got him hooked.

For the past twenty four years not to mention that he's been working his ass off like a dog since he took over his own company, boredom was a part of his life that he had treated it like an occupational hazard. 

While some people suffered from stress at work; Iain Hargreave, on the other hand, suffered from inevitable amounts of ennui

While some people suffered from stress at work; Iain Hargreave, on the other hand, suffered from inevitable amounts of ennui. He had been so used to it that these past few days have felt like a band-aid had finally been removed.

Of course, no one knew that he suffered from this problem. Iain had learned long and hard that whining was for losers. Genevieve Rolf-Stuart had taught him that, when she berated and publicly humiliated him for crying when he was less than five years old had first moved to England because he missed his mother terribly. She had done the same thing and worse when he was an angry preteen who had constantly gotten himself into fights and came home beaten and bloodied up. She sent him to Scotland in hopes that he would straighten up, which of course, he did.

He would never do that again, he shuddered. He had moved on, erased whatever painful memories transpired during his parents' separation and their nasty divorce, he had gotten the chance to prove himself and succeeded. He's done everything a man could only dream to achieve and more.

John Maximilian Charles Sheridan Hargreave hadn't even reached his 25th birthday.

Here he was, with everything he'd ever wanted. And if sometimes when it got to be too much of the same old, same old, Iain sucked it up and shut his mouth. Faking being on top of the world was pretty easy especially when people already accepted that fact in your life, he mused silently as he gazed intently at the huge window that had overlooked Manhattan in his large office.