Chapter 5: Iain

From the very beginning, I swore to myself that I was going to be detached and I wasn't going to get emotionally involved.

And from the very beginning, I failed.

I don't know what it is about her that gets me, but Quinn has a way of pushing my buttons like no other. Truth is, in a similarly sadomasochistic way, I enjoy ruffling her feathers. It's fun watching her getting pissed because unlike most girls who usually either ignore me or pout prettily to deviate me, she actually cares.

How I came about becoming her tutor was purely accidental.

And now I can't even seem to get her out of my life and my own fucking head.

It's been a week since I engaged in my pursuit of finding my brother and since that fateful day Russell Fabray brought me to his home to meet his lovely little temptress of a daughter, I've been so distracted from my original mission that I almost forgot why I went to Lima in the first place. 

 I had to find a way to put some distance between me and her so I could back on the track of things. Hell, I even though I took a weekend off from Ohio to catch up on some missed business deals that were intended to take my mind off her.

 Hell, I even though I took a weekend off from Ohio to catch up on some missed business deals that were intended to take my mind off her

Truth was, I missed her more than I could even recall missing anyone else. The entire time during the long meetings, my mind wandered to what she was doing, if she even thought of me to the most trivial like what she fucking ate for breakfast.

I even tried in my own futile attempts to distance myself from her by shoving homework, assignments, or discussing incredibly boring high school subject matters. I did the exact same stupid thing to myself during the weekend by burying myself into work. Usually this plan would work, but then I'd get distracted by some blonde intern or assistant PA whose face I would subconsciously replace with hers before I'm drawn back to the present state.

It was the longest five days of my entire life. But somehow it also was the most entertaining, interesting, fascinating, and sexually frustrating experience I have ever had.

I'm dragged to the present moment having brought Quinn home from night class. How her own parents allow her to do things on her own remains a complete mystery to me. When I was her age, my family threw me straight to boarding school so they never had to deal with my tumultuous teenaged years. I would come home to New York during the summer breaks because there were parties to go to, and then there were 'those' parties you just had to attend because well, everyone who was anyone was there.

My family was pretty lenient with me, because I knew how to handle myself publicly, but I'm pretty sure their faith in me was solely because I was male.

Things might have been different if I wasn't. I remember my cousin Fiona from Greece who was recently cited as one of Forbes richest teenagers, but can barely go out to shop or have an ice cream sundae without an array of bodyguards to watch over her. I had a personal bodyguard, Lenny whom I've considered as family, but since I left for Stanford he was reassigned to Air Force One.