Chapter 16: Ember

They awoke that morning the find that Aqua had gone missing. Since they could not account for her, they had to go on with their journey, even though the Greek police were looking for her. Dogs roamed the beaches.

Ember was sick with worry. How could it be that at one moment she had a sister, and the next minute she disappears?

"Are you worried about that Aqua?" asked one of her friends.

"Yes" whispered Ember, looking out the window.

This trip was supposed to be fun. It was not supposed to be a trip that was full of guilt, but that was what it was turning out to be. Talked less to the other girls than she did, found herself drinking more, and going on more hikes.

When they arrived in Santorini, Ember saw the dramatic scape. There was not just one but two towns, one sitting higher and another sitting lower to the caldera. She found herself going up, then down, and then finding herself wanting to go back up again.

They had a full day in Santorini and one of the activities was to explore the other side of the island through a hike. Signing up for it, they met their hiking tour guide, as they set through old ruins. They hiked down the path looking past the water, passed the olive trees and then starting walk up the hill.

Ember hadn't realized, but she was exhausted. Her legs were giving out on her from the walking so much already. Watching the girls walk ahead of her, she turned around and headed towards the fallen temple.

She walked through the crumbled ruins, where she was told specifically not to go. Past there was a crevice in a hill of the volcano. She passed an old house, kept going by following the rock, until she saw a cave that stood ahead of her. She peeked her head into the cave. It was getting warmer, but there was no light. She turned flashlight on her phone, with 76% battery, heading into the cave.

When she finally heard what sounded like rushing water, she was much eager to see more. She suddenly reached an open part of the cave with lots of humidity, and the sound being even louder. When she finally turned on the flashlight, she saw the magma that was in the lake beneath the ledge where she stood. On the wall was a waterfall of magma as well.

Stunned by this revelation, she didn't watch as her feet slipped. Suddenly, everything gave way and she found herself facing into the magma as she fell.

The pain was unbearable. There was not even a time to scream as she felt her flesh being eaten from her.

...

She sat there in a bubble, her hair growing red and red electricity sparking from her fingertips. Until she finally woke up. She was in the cave again. The magma was cool now, like she was in a swimming pool.

She walks out of the cave, where a boy spots her. He was playing with a snake by the cave. Seeing the red coming out of Ember's eyes and knowing she had emerged from the cave, he fled from the scene.

There a city stood in front of her. It looked like a few palaces. In front of the city stood a village, to which the boy had run too. They were all going about their daily chores when they heard of the woman that emerged from the magma. They all bowed at her presence.

It's almost as if

This world had existed

In her head

All this time

Never really speaking

Always listening

Pompeii is a land of diversity and machinery

Bright neon colors of orange and green

Strange birds flying through the sky

Fairy Eyesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें