Invincible Feeling

Ella's POV.

Barry ran Ella to her apartment that night. Setting her down in her living room he smiled at her. "Woah, it's nice to have that back again." She joked. "Now I don't have to spend on gas money." He chuckled, but soon his smile turned soft. "Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked, feeling slightly uncomfortable by his burning gaze. He shrugged. "I just love you that's all." She smiled at his words and felt her heart soar. She couldn't believe that earlier today she hadn't even been sure if she would ever hear his voice again.

At the thought her smile dropped and she looked down. "Hey,. . .what's wrong?" He asked lifting her chin and smiling. "I just. . .I thought you were dead, Barry. I thought I'd never see you again." She whispered as tears came to her eyes. He looked at her in sympathy and put his hand on her cheek. "I know. I'm so sorry." She laid her own hand on top of his, trying to hold back her tears.

He cupped her face with his hands, which she held onto. "But I'm here now. I'm not dead. I'm here. With you. Where I always what to be. With you, Ella." He told her. She smiled. "I love you, Barry." She whispered as tears trailed down her cheeks. He nodded. "And I love you." With that he leaned down and kissed her, assuring her everything was alright now.

The next day he came over and took her wig hint o the cemetery. He had told her, last night, about what happened in the Speed Force. He saw his mother. They walked to Barry's mom's grace and he handed her the umbrella. Pulling out some white lilies he laid them on her grave. "Joe offered to take me so many times. I always found an excuse to say no." He began, pulling out a children's book. Chuckling, he looked back at her. "My mom and I read this when I was little. Do you know it?" He asked. Ella smiled and nodded. "My mom read it to me a few times."

A far away smile grew on his lips as he glanced back at his mom's grave. "She read it to me there." He said. Ella smiled softly. "I wish I could have seen her." He stood up and smiled. "She would have loved the woman you've become, Ella. She loved you back then and would love you now." She smiled. "Thanks, Barry. I hope so."

He put his arm around her waist,and gazed at his mother's grave. "I think she'd be happy about us too." They smiled at each other. Ella nodded. That night Zooms recruits were let lose through the city. Barry easily fought them all, but there were thousands.

One afternoon Ella and Barry walked into STAR Labs from the elevator. "We usually take these guys down one at a time not one-hundred at a time." Barry smiled, fixing his blazer's collar. "And yet you don't seem overwhelmed." Ella pointed out." He smiled at her. "I know we can do it." Just then Cisco met them. "Guys you have to come see this."

The three walked into the main lab to see Caitlin sitting down in a chair with Dr. Allen checking her out. "Caitlin?" Barry exclaimed and ran over to her. "She's in shock, a little dehydrated and malnourished, but she'll be fine." Henry said stepping away.

Barry squatted down in front of her. "I'm okay." She smiled tightly. "What happened how did you get away?" Barry asked. "He-He let me go. I didn't think he would I thought it was a trap, but. . .He told me you were dead." She whispered as tears ran down her cheeks. Ella frowned, knowing how close they were. He was one of her best friends. "I'm not. I'm right here. We're all here. Together." He assured her.
"Snow, Jay's not here. you're safe." Wells said.

"He's gonna over run the city! You can't stop him!" She told them. "Yes we can. Listen to me. He's not going to succeed. This is our earth." Barry said. Caitlin shook her head. "You don't know that. You don't know what he is capable of." She warned. "I know from being in the Speed Force that it is with us. Not Zoom. And if the Speed Force is with us, how can we possibly lose? Right guys?" He assured. Ella and Iris looked at one another. This wasn't right. He was acting invincible. "Yeah. Yeah, right." Jesse humored him.