Weight of Worlds

Ella's POV.

It had been several days after Barry, Cisco, Jessie and Well's had returned from Earth 2. After Jay had been killed everyone had been affected in some way. Caitlin was heart broken. Team Flash had lost a very good friend and everyone knew how much of a hero he was. Ella hadn't known him that well at all, but she did know he was a good man. He had helped Barry and mentored him. Jays death had also affected Ella in another way.

After Barry had realized he couldn't do anything to save Earth 2, he had been extremely detached from just about everyone. Including Ella. When Barry got back things were supposed to get better between them, but instead he just kept avoiding her. Ella couldn't understand it. He seemed very guarded. The only thing he spent doing now was hunting down and fighting metas.

Now they had a new meta or actually an old meta. King Shark. He had escaped from his special cell and now Diggle and his wife had come to ask the Flash to hunt him down and stop him. Caitlin and Cisco had just left to go talk to a widow of Dr. Landon, leaving Barry and Ella alone.

Just then his phone rang. "Hey, Joe. What's up." He asked. Ella crossed her arms and looked down, listening to Barry. ". . .Alright?" Ella heard Joe's muffled voice on the phone. She saw Barry sigh in frustration. "Okay Joe look, I'm sorry. Right now is just kind of a crazy time." He said. "Remember that meta human shark that Patty was after and attacked me?" Bare asked. After listening he nodded. "Yeah me too, but apparently Argus had him and he escaped and now he's heading for Central City."

After a moment Barry sighed. "Hey, you know what umm it's all good. I'll make it work. Tell him. . .tonight should be fine." Ella looked at him curiously. "Yeah. Yeah. Alright bye." He hung up the phone, looking worn. He sighed heavily. "Why?" He breathed, looking off into space.

"What's going on?" Ella asked. He turned back to in surprise as if he had forgotten she was there. "Oh, nothing just. . .Wally wants my help tonight on a project he's working on." He explained. Ella nodded. "And even with all this going on you didn't want to let him down." She concluded.

He nodded. "I guess so. I don't know." He shook his head. "I'm just. . .I want to have a good relationship with Wally. It's just he seems like he doesn't like me that much you know? And I can't understand why." Ella by her lip and shook her head. "I can't imagine anyone not liking you. Your a great guy." Barry gave a weak smile.

"Just. . .take it slow. Let him get to know you. I'm sure it'll pass." She advised. Barry nodded. She stepped closer to him. "Bare. . ." "Uh, Look I've gotta go and start looking for this guy. You keep watch on the computers. I'll see you later." Barry said quickly, before speeding to put on his suit and running off.

Ella's hair blew around her face. Once he was gone appears went flying onto the floor and she was left alone once again. She sighed. "See you." She whispered.

After King Shark had attacked two Argus officers he disappeared again. Barry left to go help Wally, while the rest of the team came back to STAR Labs. Eventually Ella decided to head home, leaving Caitlin and Cisco.

Barry's POV.

After King Shark had attacked the West house interrupting Wally and Barry's session. Wally, Iris and Joe were left to clean up the mess while Barry went to face him. He didn't get anywhere.

He came back to the West's house to find everyone cleaning up the damage. As soon as Wally saw Barry he got onto him for being cowardly. Saying he wasn't as perfect as Iris and Joe made him out to be because in the face of danger he ran up stairs and hid, leaving everyone down stairs.

Barry sighed after Wally had left and sat on the stairs. "Dad, you need to talk to him." Iris said. "No. It's fine. I get it." He sighed. "Look I know you guys love me, please stop telling Wally all this great stuff about me. Okay? Start telling him the truth. I'm not perfect. I make mistakes that even the Flash can't fix." He said hanging his head down.