Flash Day

Barry's POV.

Barry ran to STAR labs after taking down yet another criminal. Cisco came up to him and congratulated him. "Two down at the same time! Superhero double play yo!" Cisco exclaimed. Barry smiled. "Couldn't do it alone."

Caitlin walked passed him. "Your never alone, Barry." She walked over to Ronnie who had helped Barry out that day. "Neither are you Mrs. Raymond." Her husband said. They kissed each other. Doctor Stein walked over to them. "Thank you for not doing that when we were Firestorm." Ronnie looked at him. "That happened one time let it go." Caitlin stifled a laugh.

Joe came up and hugged Barry. "Snart and Rory? Your gonna put a cop like me out of a job." He smiled. Barry smiled back. "Just tryin' to help." "You do more than help, Barry." Iris said from behind him. She walked up. "You give the people of this city hope." She smiled. He felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see Eddie smiling. "Your the hero Barry." He walked over to Iris and the two kissed.

"Your my hero." Barry heard a musical female voice say. He paused and turned around to see Ella standing in the doorway, looking at him lovingly. He smiled. Ella walked over to him and he to her. "That's all I've ever wanted." He whispered and looked into her eyes. She leaned up and kissed him softly.

"Congratulations everyone a spectacular victory. A milestone if you will." Barry and Ella smiled at Wells. Barry reached out and intertwined his hand with Ella's. Dr. Wells looked at Ella. "You have quite the husband there Mrs. Allen." Barry smiled and looked down at their hands. On her left hand Ella wore his mothers gold wedding band with a small diamond. Barry wore a gold ring on his left hand as well. Barry looked up to Ella, who was smiling proudly.

Wells rolled up to Barry. "Mr. Allen, I believe there's nothing more I can teach you." Wells got up out of his chair and walked to Barry. "I believe your ready to do this all on your own." Barry nodded.

Suddenly Wells vanished and Barry no longer felt Ella's hand in his own. Everyone had disappeared and Barry was standing alone in the empty lab. Barry looked around and realized he was all alone. No matter how much he imagined it or hoped that everything could be that way. It could never be so. His life was too complicated for such a simplistic privilege.

It had been 6 months since the singularity. Barry was on his own now. He couldn't let the people he cared about get hurt any longer. He knew it was better this way, but it did get very lonely. Just then the meta human alert went off. Barry looked at his suit. He was all the city had now and he would protect it by doing what he had done his whole life. He would run.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Later that day Barry had to go into work. He was looking over the victim when Joe cane up. "How's it goin'?" He asked. "Hey, uh. . .Good. How are you doin'?" He asked. Joe nodded. "Good." Talk about awkward.

Thankfully Joe started talking. "So the victim Ale Rostine. He was a welder here at the nuclear plant. A co-worker found him this morning." Joe reported. Barry looked down at the man. "So what do you got?" He asked. Barry explained that the man had been strangled. "He was strangled by someone very strong and very large." "Or something?" Joe asked. Barry shook his head. "It wasn't Grodd." Barry assured him. "Thank goodness." Joe said in relief. Barry picked up his case and stood. "I'll let you know when I find more."

"So his Flash Day thing. I hope your planning on making an appearance." Joe said. Barry shook his head and hesitated. "I haven't decided." "Bare, I heard the mayors planning on giving you the key to the city!" Barry shook his head. "I don't need an award." Joe gawked at Barry. "You love getting awards! Like all those science trophies you got in high school." "Those I deserved." Barry said. "Look, I'll let you know what I find, alright?" He walked off and heard joe behind him. "Alright."