15. Epilogue

POV Knox
"Your turn" Kades foot pokes me as the cry comes through the monitor and Kier laughs as I roll to my feet.
"Hey beautiful baby" I coo to our daughter Amalie whose face is scrunched up and red. Her eyes find mine and watch me as I smile down at her, scooping her into my arms and taking her to the changing table to clean her up.
"Dada" she giggles, trying to stick her toes in her mouth as I change the nappy and pull on a clean romper.
My heart warms at her words, our precious baby is the spitting image of her mother and our only girl so far, we all spoilt her, just as we did her mother.
"Mama" she called and I swept her up and headed for the kitchen, "your mama is out with the boys, but don't worry baby she left you your bottle and your daddies are all here" I tell her softly, swinging her up in my arms and making her squeal with joy.
Kier hands me her bottle as I sit at the table, and we watch as our daughter greedily drinks her mothers milk.
Kade joins us as she finishes up and starts getting out the ingredients for dinner, "what time are they due back?" I ask him.
"Should be in the next half hour of so, I'm going to start dinner early as I'm sure the boys will be tired and she will be too" He replies.
We sit Amalie in her highchair and give her some toys to play with as we help Kade until Amalie's shout of Ma Ma sends Kier to the front door, we had learnt a while ago that our baby girl seemed to have a sixth sense when her mother was near.

POV Kier
I rush out to help August unload our boys from the car, I could see her tiredness showing but she was also happy so I focused on getting our boys inside so she could rest.
Talon, Noah and Elijah rushed inside as soon as they were released from their car seats, at three years old, our triplets were rambunctious little devils who ran us all ragged, today they had been to a birthday party and whilst we had all offered to go with August and help her she had laughed at us and said no, we would distract the other mums.
I put my hand on her stomach, where our next child was growing and kissed her soft lips, glad to have her back home safe with us.
"How you feeling baby" I asked wrapping her up in my arms and lifting her up bridal style before heading inside
"Kier put me down" she giggled curling into me.
"Oh no, Rest time for mommies" I tell her, heading for the kitchen where the boys were telling their dads and sister what they had done at the party.
She kissed my cheek, "hey caveman, I'm good, I have done this before you know"
"I know baby but this time you also have 4 kids under four to deal with as well,"
"Uh huh" she looked at me "and whose fault is that?"
I slid her down into a chair and kissed the top of her head, backing away with my hands up "hey, not out fault we have superspe...." I feel Knox's hand hit the back of my head at the same time, as Kade growls my name and I laugh at their expressions.

POV Kade
I look at our family sat around the table, my brothers, our wife and our children and another on the way, we had been blessed when we met August, she was the perfect woman for us, soft, but feisty, strong, but delicate, and ours, just as we were hers.
"So how did it go?" I asked her and watched interested as she fidgeted in her seat, not the reaction I was expecting and I shared a look with my brothers "something you want to tell us baby?" I queried.
She looked around at us and blushed guiltily but stayed quiet.
"Boys, did mommy behave at the party" Knox asked them and I watched her face go white.
"Mommy went out" Eli told him and his brothers nodded.
Our gazes swung to her and she gulped "um well, I had an appointment, Johns mum, watched the boys for me"
"What appointment, there's nothing in your diary" Kier asked firmly.
"With Dr Green... I just wanted to check something" she stuttered softly.
I glanced at the children who were all engrossed in their food "are you okay, the baby?" I reached for her hand and caressed it, my worry overruling the fact she had done it without telling us.
She reached into her pocket and pulled out an envelope, passing it over silently, I pulled out the ultrasound and looked at our new baby......babies..."twins?" I croaked out.
Knox pulled the photo from my hand looking closely before passing it to Kier "twins and they're both boys" she agreed looking a bit green.
I look at my brothers in shock before the grins come and we laugh, Knox scoops her up and kisses her to the happy yells of our children "oh baby, your perfect"

POV Uncle
I look at the leave request on my desk and smile, nothing could have predicted what would come from the game I had started between the Masters triplets and my niece, the gut feeling that they would love her and her them, was nearly foiled when she managed to keep out of their reach, it was only when I arranged for them to be able to track her phone that they found her and now from having a family of one, I had a family that was growing in multiples, I pick up my phone to send a quick text to my niece "congratulations on your news"
The phone rang two minutes later "August?"
"Uncle, please give them a job, they're driving me nuts, they're even more controlling than usual"
I laugh at her words "you chose them" I remind her
"No, I was tricked, it was you, your silly game" she groaned.
"Now, now August, I think you'll agree it wasn't a silly game, after all I think you all won, didn't you"
I could here her sniffling "you're right, thank you Uncle"
"For what child?" But I knew.
"Everything" she whispered softly
"You're parents would be so proud of you, and I am too," I tell her, emotion making me choke a little "now go give your men hell and I will see you for dinner on Sunday, I've got a present for the boys" I tell her, ringing off and approving the leave forms, smiling as I think of the chaos of family dinners that have become a weekly tradition.

The End