37.

Scott's POV

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" I asked her.

She flipped her hair dramatically from her seat on the living room's couch.

"Honey, this is my apartment too. I wanted to surprise you."

I rolled my eyes. "Lisa. How many times have I told you not to come over? This is my work place, you shouldn't be here. This is boring. You should be out there in New York, shopping and... whatever it is you do in the city."

"Hey! I... Look, I just wanted to be with you. We're getting married next week, Scott."

The thought of it sent a chill through my spine. I was getting married next week.

"What if I don't want to get married? What if I don't want to be with you?"

A bitter laugh left Lisa's lips. "It's totally normal to have second thoughts... But you love me, Scott."

There was only one person I loved, and it surely wasn't her.

"We need to talk, Lisa." I said after taking a deep breath. I dropped her gaze, unable to look at her eyes.

Suddenly, she jumped from her seat and grabbed me from the back of my neck, I gasped at her strength.

"I swear to god, if you break up with me, I will ruin your life." She whispered.

"My life will be ruined the moment we exchange vows." I whispered back with a groan. "Now get your filthy claws off me."

She did as I said without getting her eyes off me. For a moment, I felt pity for her, I had Melissa, but she had no one.

"You were never pregnant."

She finally looked away, her jaw noticeably tightened.

"You can't deny it, this was all your father's plan. I know everything. If I didn't say anything until now it was because I was scared you would hurt me or my family again. But you know what? I'm not scared of you anymore." I took a step forward. "You're the one who should be scared. I'm going to unmask all this, you're going down."

"Scott," She started to say weakly, "Think about it. I've been there for you always. You can't do this to me. Plus, who do you think is going to believe you?"

"Why wouldn't they believe me?"

"Because you're an alcoholic."

"Yeah," I chuckled. "I drink a little, so what?"

She gave me a suspicious smile I didn't like. "You're violent."

"Excuse me?" I arched my eyebrows in surprise.

"When you come back home in the weekends... You pour yourself a whole glass of whiskey, first thing. You don't even say hi to me..."

"That's not true. What are you talking about?"

She sat back on the couch and covered her face with her hands for a few seconds.

"Later... at night... You always get mad at me with no reason. I just want to please you, you're my fiancée, but all you want to do is get drunk. You..." Her shoulders started to go up and down until I realized, she was crying. "You... you once pushed me so hard I fell down the stairs and broke my ankle. I lied to all my friends and told them I had slipped on ice. But you pushed me... and that wasn't the only time."