28.

"All these rich kids... Ah, I'm so sick of them. They always walk around town looking at me over the shoulder when in reality, they're just like me. An ordinary boy trying to get through college." Remus concluded right before the bartender handed us our drinks.

"I'm sensing anger in your voice?" I wiggled my eyebrows jokingly.

He sighed, "Scott Blackstone. We went to high school together. CN High, a year older than me. I tried so hard to get in the football team..."

I pressed my lips as I regretted my question. "So you know him?"

"Of course I do. I was practically his shadow," He explained taking a sip of his vodka lime. "He paid me monthly during his senior year, I wrote all his essays. Everyone knew."

"You did his homework?" I whispered feeling a bit scared that someone could hear, academic fraud is illegal.

"Chill, Melissa." He laughed. "Yes I did, the bastard took all credit."

I looked behind him and spotted the stairs to the upper floor, where a few men in suits were now dizzily climbing up.

Remus turned around to check what I was looking at when he noticed I wasn't paying attention to him. "What is it?"

I blinked rapidly trying to focus on him again, "What is what?"

He chuckled, "What was it that you were looking at? You were trying to spot him, huh?"

"I'm sorry, spot who?" I arched my eyebrows, taking a sip of my drink, the liquid burning my throat.

"Never mind, just... try to stay away from those mother fuckers." He concluded faking a smile, I opened my eyes wide at his sudden change of attitude, I liked it.

He grabbed me by the hand and dragged me to the dance floor, I couldn't resist, we started dancing to Camila Cabello's Havana, and didn't stop until five songs later.

"Oof," I sighed tiredly letting myself fall next to Jacquie in one of the pub's couches. "Where's Sean?" I asked her once I noticed he was gone.

"Romulus had to help him go puke..." She muttered lowering her gaze.

I furrowed my eyebrows in pity and passed an arm around her back. "Yo Jacquie, there's nothing wrong with having a boyfriend that's a bit of a light drinker. He's funny, handsome," I added with a wink, "And a great actor!"

She smiled again. "You're right. He's super sweet, it's just I get embarrassed when he drinks, you can get why."

I laughed silently, "Yes... but I insist, there's nothing wrong with that. We all love him."

"Look what I've got!" Remus reached the table accompanied by Nic, who was smiling widely.

They placed a tray full of tequila shots on the table in front of the couch, that's when I knew the night had just started.

When Romulus arrived —nearly carrying Sean— we all sat down comfortably surrounding the tray and one by one —excepting Sean— drank one of the shots. I've never liked tequila but I swear that night it tasted worse than ever, maybe it was a sign, trying to warn me of how bad the night would end if I kept drinking from those tiny glasses.

Six shots later got me dancing Despacito next to Scott himself.

"How did you get here?" I started, my tongue having trouble to pronounce the words.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows. How did I end up with him, again? And why were we dancing so close? It took me some time to realize his hand was on my hip, and when I did, I let out a gasp and pulled away dizzily.