21.

He woke me up before my alarm had the chance to go off. I heard loud knocks at my room's door followed by angry yells of an unhappy male voice.

"Melissa! Open the fucking door already, I don't want to break it, aight? But I will if you don't open it up!" He went on.

I rolled my eyes as I jumped out of bed, darkness surrounding me.

"It's okay Scott, hold up," I answered yawning while unlocking the door, when he opened it, I was already back in bed.

"Fuck it," He walked in mumbling under his breath, "I was worried."

"What time is it?" Was all I could think about, feeling the heavy weight of my eyelids and noticing it was still dark.

"3:48AM," he answered breathlessly.

"Why would you be worried about me at three in the morning? I was sleeping, you know? Like any other human being," I said covering myself up with the sheets.

"I heard a noise, I thought something happened to you but... now I —" He stopped talking. I watched him from the corner of my eye, he walked to the window and slightly opened the curtain. "— know it was just a thunder."

I furrowed my eyebrows, it was raining? I followed his steps and made my way to the window. But it wasn't raining. A huge black cloud was approaching our town. It looked scary, you could see the white Lightnings appear every now and then around the cloud, always followed by a loud thunder.

"That storm looks dangerous." I pointed out.

"It'll get here around four, and god knows when it'll stop. These sort of storms usually last about ten to twenty hours," He sighed loudly.

"Oh jeez," I cursed remembering I was far from my house without my parents knowing. What would I tell them once they figured out I was not home? And with a huge storm going on outside...

"What's wrong?"

"My parents. They think I'm still at home." I muttered massaging my temple with my fingers, trying to find a good excuse to tell them.

"Gina was home alone and heard about the storm, didn't want to spend the night by herself cause she has thunder-phobia."

I stared directly into Scott's eyes.

"Excuse me?" I snapped.

He answered by looking at the floor and taking a step backwards, I can be scary sometimes.

"Who said you could talk to me? I'm still mad at you—" I crossed my arms. "Still... that was a pretty good excuse. I might use it."

I felt how he smiled happily in the distance, which made me immediately furious. I wanted him to suffer, just a bit, but it seemed like my coldness was not working out.

"Now please, get out. I need to rest for my test tomorrow." I pointed at the room's door.

He looked at me with ironical confusion. "You think you'll take that test tomorrow? Have you seen the cloud? The school will close, trust me."

"I don't care. I still want to sleep. Just get out, okay?" I finally exclaimed, I wanted him out, out of the room, out of my mind.