Chapter 1 | Fallen down

First, a little introduction to me.
My name is Claire.
I'm looking for something at the top of this mountain.
It's the only way to get retribution for what I did.
I have green eyes and long hair.
I've been an orphan my entire life.
I live at an orphanage, even though I'm 12 years old.
People have thought of me as a freak my whole life. Nobody likes me or even shows mercy, some even hurt me. I never went to school after my parents were... Anyway, I'm pretty anxious. I never want to meet or talk to anyone. I never have. But enough of my sob stories.

I still need to reach the top. Right now, I guess I could say I'm at least four fifths up the mountain. I'm almost at the top, and I'm so tired already. I don't have a lot of energy left, but I know I can make the climb. The path leading to the top is almost over.
The top of the mountain.
This was where I needed to go.
But where is the item I'm looking for?
Strangely enough, there was a trapdoor. A large, rusty handle was on the trapdoor, so I didn't hesitate to pull it open, although I was scared to see what was below. Maybe that's where I need to go. I looked down the hole in the middle. It was a deep, dark abyss. I wouldn't like to fall down there.
"There is NO way I'm falling that far down." I said out loud.
"ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT???"
Someone was behind me. It was someone I recognized, too. I can't confirm that I knew who it was, but I can't deny it, either. I turned around as fast as I could to see who it was, but I felt a forceful shove, and before I knew it, I was plummeting to my death. The fall was long and dark. I couldn't tell when I was gonna land, or if I would live through it. I just kept screaming. The terror I felt was enough to reach nightmare territory, to say the least.
I screamed.
I fell.
And I fell.
And I landed.
I hit the ground.
HARD.
Somehow, my fall was broken, but before I could see what had broken my fall, I had fainted from the pain.
I heard a voice for a moment.
"Stay determined..."