"My dear friend," Austin thought, "I'll take you away from all dis' shit. Juss' wait."

"Just swallows all the dark stuff." She said in a daze.

"Just swallows everything up." She said, but not to Austin; she said it mainly to herself.

Austin grabbed the handle to the faucet and turned the water off. He looked at the bowl, emptied the water til it was at the halfway mark, and then walked back out to the small laboratory he had set up on Delilah's bedroom floor.

"Aye," He called hoping to break Delilah from her impure thoughts, "Finish dat' dea' food Lilah."

"Oh! Yes yes of course! Wouldn't want mama thinkin' her food wasn't delicious."

"Heifa' you know I made dat' shit."

"What? You could never make something this good." Delilah teased.

"Aight Delilah, nie when I whoop yo ass don't say shit. Disrespectful wanch. Damn hussy."

Delilah laughed lightly, knowing her comment on his cooking would rile him up. He would never admit it, but his cooking was one of his soft spots.

She uncrossed her legs and stood from the chair she resided in and made her way to him. "Aww come on, it was just a little jokey joke." She smiled sitting on the floor across from him. She furrowed her brows looking at the experiment set up between the two of them, and then looked to her friend who seemed to be deep into whatever it was he was doing.

"Austin, what is all this?"

"Dis' how we gone keep dat' bitch ass man away from you fa' a week or two, dat' should be enough time fa' me ta' think of some else ta' keep him away from you afta' dat' time up too."

"Will it work?"

"Well if you sho' he don't track yo' shit, everything should go smooth.

"I'm still not sure what it is you're doing though, like what is any of this suppose to be?" She asked, placing the top back over the food. She decided it was so good that she would save it for later.

As she did this, Austin poured the two red containers into the bowl of water and began to stir it.

"You done?"

"Yes, I wanna save it for later." She beamed.

"Good, put dis' on." He handed her a face mask.

"But why? What-,"

"You see dat' time, right? Don't make shit difficult, put it on and I'll explain as we go." He scolded while putting on his own mask.

"Well.....A-Alright." She hesitated as she slowly placed the mask over her face.

"Y'all had dem' sardines I told you ta' look fa'?"

Y-Yes, here you go."

"Aight, so," He started, opening the small black container and adding it to the now vibrant red water, "Yo' pH balance is amazin', I been roun' you all dis' time and I've neva' smelt you, so dat' tells me dat' you keep yo'self up. You always smell da' same. But, each month you go through 'bout five days of being completely drained, I'm positive dem' five days come from yo' cycle...yes?"

"C....Correct."

"And since you say folks in dis' bitch don't care, dat' mean nobody cares ta' track yo shit. Correct?"