•12•

Not Again. Not. Again

Delilah Thomas

Delilah Thomas
...............

I don't know if he's been here or if he's been there all I know is that I haven't seen him anywhere.

Five days plus two and that equals the time he's been away from me. This isn't what I wanted. I thought I saw something in him that I knew, something familiar. There was something I had in common with the boy they call a monster- he was special. But be that as it may, he still is nothing but a wall that I suppose I will never be able to pound my way through- after all my body is nothing more than a frail piece of flesh and bone that is near a point of not existing.

Him being so distant towards me this past week means that people have caught on and have already started back with their assaults on me. Seven days and I've already received a total of ten encounters.

I knew this would happen, it was inevitable. Austin has left me wide open to a world that I'm to small to survive in on my own. There's no such thing as hope in my world.

"Light is only a small distraction from the darkness that's soon to come." I sighed to myself

I made my way to my third period to pick up my last load of work so that I could get away from this school before the day picked up and the kids had a chance to get the morning crust out of their eyes.

All I had to do was get in and get out before anyone even got a chance to glance my way.

I knocked on the door of Mr. Richardson's class and stood there with my head hanging low, hiding everything that was the cause of my insecurities.

He soon came to the door and as usually he saw me and said nothing, he simply took my packet of work that he made for me every week and placed it in my hand. No hi, no bye, just a hand off that was bound to happen again the following week.

To be an outcast can drive you to a point of believing you are nothing. To be without a mind is to be a hollow shell of misery. I guess that's exactly what I am then- a hollow shell of misery.

After I'd received all my packets of work I stuffed it into my backpack and found the nearest exit out of the school. I was about to go ahead and take a right on the side walk and go back home, but something caught my attention before I could do that.

I heard what sounded like confrontation and immediately rushed to the side of the building where the noise was coming from. If there was someone getting bullied, I would be the first to go and let someone know- I would hate for someone to go through what I do. I heard a dominant voice yelling at someone and from the bass I knew who it was. I'd heard the same bass just last week. It was him. And he was angry.

I slowly and cautiously rounded the corner, and that's where I seen him. Holding a boy, that was much bigger in size than him, hostage against the chipping brick wall.