"Ahhhh man," She smiled ecstatically at the meal steaming in the tupperware, "My favorite, red beans and rice."

"You got dat' change of bedspread?"

"Yes, it's already in my closet." She confirmed happily chewing a mouthful of food.

"Cool."

"Put the saran-wrap on the mattress?"

"Yes sir." She huffed in accomplishment.

"Good job."

Nodding at her, Austin walked over to where she sat on the plushy pink chair in the room. He grabbed the small red and black containers from her, and took a quick glance around the room before returning to his task at hand. He knew he had no time to dilly dally. Time was hardly on his side.

"Nice room, one of them do's lead to a bathroom?" He queried.

"Mmm, yes," Delilah quickly swallowed, "The one to the right buddy

"Mmm, yes," Delilah quickly swallowed, "The one to the right buddy."

Austin shuffled towards the door with the bowl he'd previously had packed down in his backpack in his hand. He flicked the light on, and then placed the bowl in the sink turning the hot water on at a low compacity. While the water slowly filled the bowl, Austin took this as an opportunity to take in his surroundings. Once he did though, his face screwed and twisted in annoyance. He was sick of the bright pink that caught his eyes no matter where he turned to. He knew Delilah was and never has been fond of pink, so he was confused as to why every inch of this room was covered in this godawful color.

"Shit man. Wassup wit' all dis' damn pink? Youn' even like pink." Austin complained after noticing the bathroom and everything in it was some shade of pink.

"Gasp," Delilah sarcastically spoke, "A daughter that doesn't like pink? How strange and inconvenient would that be for a mother trying to show off to her coworkers when she takes them on a tour of the house."

"Must drive you crazy sittin' in a room 'round some shit youn' even like."

"You have no idea." Delilah replied coldly.

"So she juss' made you do some shit yeen like? You ain't have no say?"

"Well we sorta compromised, she said I can decorate my dorm room anyway I want to. So I've been looking forward to that. All this pink makes me anxious, it's too fucking much of it everywhere. I tried to add little touches of black, but the pink just swallows it up, ya know? Just swallows up all the dark stuff and makes it look pretty to the outside."

Austin could tell that her mind was starting to sail into rough waters by the way her eyes started to shift from vibrant to glass fragments as she stared at the fuzzy pink fabric of the bed. Her environment, this house, there was not a single place here that she could go to and just escape, and be who she truly wanted to be. She had to fake it everywhere she went, even when she was all alone in this room...she had to pretend it was all okay. Austin felt her sadness deepen. He felt it. Looking at this color must have been so crushing on her soul — not even being able to peacefully daydream while staring at the ceiling without remembering the things that has happened in this room must have ripped at her consciousness. Subconsciously wrapping this color in with hurt and pain and everything unholy. This must be hell for her. Pure hell.