Chapter 43 - First Unborn

Start bij het begin

Troy just gave him an impatient glare. "That doesn't tell me anything." He said running a hand through his red streaked hair. "Is that some kind of Under thing?"

The Wyn shrugged his shoulders. "Everyone keeps saying I'm something else, so I don't know. Avica I think."

Now Troy looked up with some interest. "Avesia?"

"That's the one." He said pointing a finger at Troy who gave him a skeptical look. 

He narrowed his eyes and searched the boy's Aura and instantly regretted his choice because the instant he looked at him and his Aura was he almost blinded. He let out a cry and shielded his eyes from the overwhelmingly bright Aura that was radiating from this boy. He couldn't see much of it, but he saw the golden accents that signaled the Aura of an Avesia. He rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times to get rid of the dots that were practically ingrained into his vision now. He gave the boy a strange look, eyeing him up and down while he himself just gave Troy an interested look.

"What's your name Wyn?" He asked.

"Isa." He said with a grin and gestured to the dragon on his shoulder. "And this is Nim'Ganyth but we just call him Nim." The baby dragon let out a cheerful chirping sound in response to his name being said which only made Troy nod his head. 

This is definitely the same boy that was with Morgan, he thought to himself looking the boy over a bit more and feeling rather guilty about the way he'd treated him. Had he known about this boy then he'd have treated him much better. Still, how does a Wyn like him get Avesia blood in his veins he wondered. It just didn't make sense to Troy, the Wyn and all those like them were dark beings by nature so why does this one have such sacred blood in him?

"You said your name is Isa right?" He asked and the boy nodded his head in response. "Well- you definitely have Avesia in you... We should probably take you to see Hallah so he can properly announce your presence."

"Hallah? Is that the old man with the big beard and long eyebrows?"

"You've met him?"

"Yeah, he got me free food up on that island over there." Isa said raising his arm up and pointing to on of the islands nearest to the top of Auria. "He's nice but his Aether is funny looking. Morgan seems to trust him though so I trust him."

Troy's body went rigid at the mention of her name but he shook it off just as quickly. "About her," He said quietly. "Are you two- a pair? Or is she with one of the others?"

"No she's with Ruin." Isa said plainly looking around the floating islands and pointing to the one that was almost directly above them. "They're up on that one I think. Morgan wanted to look for some new clothes."

Troy's heart sunk at that but he did his best not to show it. Instead he raised his head up and asked Isa another question. "Why did you help me?" He asked with a stoic face. "You don't know me, you certainly don't owe me anything so why?"

"Well you needed help." Isa said with a shrug. "They were ganging up on you- I don't like seeing things like that."

"I see..." Troy said trailing off a bit. "So you'd have done it for anyone, not just me."

"Well yeah, wouldn't you?" Isa's cheerful smile returned to his face. "My mother told me a long time ago that if I can help someone I should."

Troy gave Isa a strange look just then. "You're a strange guy you know that?"

"I know, Morgan tells me that a lot too." He said with an even brighter smile on his face than before. "But anyway we should probably get down now, I wanted to see the Crystal Lake where Shard was."