14• Schrodinger's Cat

Griffin's Pov

''Schrodinger's Cat'' the Physics teacher speaks as he finishes his drawing of a cat on the board, he turns around looking at everyone.

I must be the only girl in the room who isn't drooling over him.

''Ah, i can see i impressed you all with my artistic abilities'' he chuckles.

It actually is a good drawing to be honest.

Hayden giggles at him as she stares, causing Liam to snap his head in her direction beside him.

The seating goes Hayden, Liam, Mason, Corey and then me at the table behind them.

Liam and Mason look at each other confused.

Corey giggles in a daze like Hayden making Mason stare at him.

I honestly don't get it so i just lean on my hands bored.

''Schrodinger puts his cat in a box with poisonous food, now, until he opens that box, the cat is in theory, both dead and alive, But when he opens it, it's either 'hello, mittens' or 'goodbye socks'' the teacher explains making Hayden and Corey giggle again.

Liam scoffs, shaking his head.

"Putting aside the potential animal abuse here, what does it have to do with Physics?'' he asks as almost everyone's hands fly up, he looks around surprised.

''Yes, Hayden'' he smiles, pointing at her.

''it illustrates the concept of quantum superposition, light is both a particle and wave until it's observed'' she answers smiling, i stare at her amazed and confused.

The teacher chuckles ''yes, excellent answer, very impressive'' he says shocked and impressed.

Liam leans forwards staring at Hayden mimicking my reaction.

''Does observing something change its behaviour? or alter its outcome? that's the question of today's lab on page 117, break into groups of four'' the teachers says smiling, my stomach drops and i panic.

I don't know anyone here except Corey, Mason, Liam and Hayden who were already together.

I look at the teacher.

Please be as amazing as they make you out to be.

I awkwardly walk towards him, hoping he'll let me work alone or with Liam's group.

As i'm about to ask someone touches my arm.

I turn around and look up to see Nolan.

I forgot we had Physics together which makes me feel kind of bad.

''Um, do-do you wanna be partners?'' he stutters shyly.

''Yeah okay but we need two more'' i say looking around, noticing nobody left.

''Oh, that's alright you can be a pair'' the teacher says seeing us stand around awkwardly.