Slowly, we were heading inside the room to give our next test. They maintain the safety and security of every participant on the line. Everyone was silent, didn't want to happen the same thing had happened to me. So, a lesson learned should be imposed. Don't talk to strangers, whatever might happen.

Not that long when it is my turn to step inside the process room. It is just like a normal medical room, the white wall screams and the smell of every medicine are everywhere. I saw the nurse on the bed, she assisted me to sit there and told me to relax. She also noticed the redness on my face caused by the punches of that man. She didn't talk that much, she just speaks when she's about to do something and when she's done. She cleans the cut on my lips and gets me some ice to apply on my cheeks.

"These are the drugs you need, sir." The nurse said.

My forehead creased by what she said, "no, what drugs? What are you saying? I thought vitamins are the one we needed?"

She nodded, "yes, we'll provide you vitamins but as we were told by the High Council these drugs will help your system to recover more of your strength." She explained, "Don't worry, this drug won't prevent you from getting into the Noble Land—as a matter of fact, this will come to help to boost your strength. We cannot disclose what drug is this but I'm sure professional that this is safe and good."

I was satisfied with her explanation so I didn't bother to ask more. She prepared the syringe—three kinds of it with different kind of serums. The first one she injected was the yellow one that she told is a vitamin good for growth and development. The next one was the drug she didn't name and the last one—like a slime one—green serum which she told another drug to keep my stamina stable.

"Okay, you're done now." She announced, "be sure to take some rests after."

I nodded, "sure, thank you... can I keep the ice?"

She chuckles, "sure, that would help to ease the pain... and also," she opens her desk cabinet and gives one tablet on me, "take this aspirin also... someone told me to take care of you when you made it here." She said.

I didn't leave the bed instead got curious about what she said, "what do you mean by that?"

"Oh, nothing." She shook her head, and I think she's avoiding me now. "You can proceed in the next room now."

"No, no, no. Wait!" I exclaimed, she didn't look me in the eyes. "Who are you talking to? Someone? Who was that?"

She giggles, but she's shaking. "No, really, that was nothing."

I jump out of bed and walked towards her. I hold her both shoulders, her head was still looking into other direction. "Please, would you tell me?"

"I-I can't... they'll fire me." She stuttered.

I lose my hands on her and took a deep breath but the numbness of my cheek got me. I turn back on her but before I leave the room, she called me. I look at her and let out a sighed. I know she feels horrible right now and must be blaming herself because she couldn't keep it herself.

"You shouldn't know about this but..." she bit her lower lip, "It is your brother."

"What?" my surprise to her hold me in thought. "M-My brother?"

She nodded. I wanted to ask more about it but someone barge inside the room that shifted our attention.

"What's taking too long? Is he done?"

The nurse nodded, "yes, he is. He was about to leave."

"Okay, good." And the guard called another participant to enter the room. I looked at the nurse again but she didn't get to talk with me again. She attended the participant and left me with questions. I don't know how she spills that secret or she was trying to say something but afraid that her work will be ruined. I headed my way to the exit.

I don't wanna leave the room having my questions unanswered. I couldn't keep up with the thought, how she would put my brother into the situation? Does really my brother know that I'm on the process? And what is he trying to do now? Now, those questions will keep going. I wouldn't get an answer until I get to see him on the Noble Land. But that still a few months away. There are stills many things that could happen but I won't stop until I made it there.

Going straight and turn left, a few guards were the first ones to encounter. They didn't mind as I walk in front of them and headed to see the facility where they hold the participants to have our food. Not on the far corner, someone waved on me and when I narrowed my eyes, I recognized the person.

I run towards Al and Cha. I joined at their table and the looks they're giving on me were hilarious.

"What happened to your face, Dy?" Cha asked.

I smirked, "that's nothing, it was a misunderstanding."

"Really?" Al said, "your face looks swell." He chuckles.

"Just don't mind it, guys." I said, "at least we've gone through the first test right?"

Al nodded, "yes, it is a good thing they put us in that some kind of test. I am sure that we can do more to what they will give us in the next months, at least we know now how they do it." He said, "but I think they would put us on the same tests again... it will more become surviving."

"That's what we're doing right?" I countered.

He nodded, "but you know what they can do. They prepared everything before we step into their process. They know how to rule us, to play with us... to eliminate unworthy beings."

I let out a sighed, "that's sad, you what, the person who attacked me... I think they put take him somewhere, I just don't where."

"They must have thrown him back on the Waste Land," Cha said.

"Hope not," I said. "His mistake shouldn't define his future."

"We make our future, don't ever forget that, Dy."

I nodded at him.

Our ration is starting to serve in every participant. My stomach grumbles as I felt hungry the time when I wake up earlier. The staff put our food and drinks in front of us. For some, a mashed potato disgusts them but for us who just wanted to fill our stomach. It is enough to survive another day. I open the bottle of water and took a drink on it. I felt the thirst in my throat and it is refreshing to have such treatments like this for some time.

I don't know what the High Council would provide to their participants. It was just the beginning that's why they were putting their efforts to make a good image on everyone where in fact, at the course of the process—they won't be seen.

A moment later, while the three of us having a good conversation, someone joined our table. We looked at by surprise and couldn't believe how on earth she would sit with us. But her intention isn't to eat together with us but to have a talk with me.

She holds my arms, "do you have any decision now, Dylan?"

"I told you I wouldn't join your movement," I whispered in gritted teeth.

"You're having a mistake, Dylan."

I shook my head and smirked, "no, I am not, please leave us alone."

"We're gonna talk again." She said, grabbed her tray and looked at Al and Cha before leaving our table.

And when I look at the both of them, they give me the suspicious look and I think, they know what is happening. "Okay, I'm gonna explain..."