#15 Hold on to Me

You had collapsed in tears in your room, numb and completely broken you had roughly wiped the ruined makeup from your face, your dress stained from your tears and your hair messy and the braids loose

You had collapsed in tears in your room, numb and completely broken you had roughly wiped the ruined makeup from your face, your dress stained from your tears and your hair messy and the braids loose. Clumsily you stood pulling out a bag, stuffing clothes into it you still weren't bothered to make a note.

Warren approached your room; he heard thumps and sniffs from behind the door, he straightened his ruffled suit rubbing his bruised fist gingerly. As soon as his finger grazed the door it creaked open, and you fell into his chest.
"Hey, y/n," Warren asked his eyes caught your e/c ones then travelled down to the bag you clutched: his hand gingerly lifted your chin, so you faced him
"I can't stay here, not tonight" you sniffed, "please don't try to stop me," you asked trying to be strong for him.
Warren turned on his feet back to his dorm leaving you standing there alone in the hallway the faint music pulling in the air.

Why would he stay you sighed taking a deep breath slinging the bag on your shoulder continuing down the corridor.
"N/n!" A voice yelled from a few feet behind you
You looked back to see Warren he too had backpack although his seemed moreJurassic, he had changed out from his suit and now was in sweats and a loose jacket, "I'll stay with you" he smiled
Seeing his smile, you couldn't help but share it, "Ren I can't just ask you to stay up with me. I was going to go to the pond."
"But I want to- I want to stay up with you" Warren encouraged
He looked at you sweetly, his eyes melted into your own, his lips curled into a warm smile, then he started walking. Warren knew he couldn't stop you from leaving but he could do something, he would stay with you he quite looked forward to it - getting to know you even more.

You both had arrived at your spot ten minutes later. The moon was grouped with clusters of bright starts that spotlighted the night sky. The moonlight beamed between the spaces of leaves creating shadows. The atmosphere was isolated and cold; Warren held your hand his thumb traces circles along your palm.
"Wait here" Warren spoke before moving into the dark where the giant oak looked.
A few minutes later you stood there anxiously Warren jogged back shared a loving smile with you before tugging you to the tree.
Warren had done his best to make it comfortable for you, a blanket laid on the ground with a few cushions, a small lamp gave small comfort in the dark light.

"Ren" you breathed emotion overwhelmed you-you could feel the tears building up again this time of unbelievable happiness.
Warren also pulled out a spare pair of sweats and what you presumed from the band reference was an extra t-shirt of his.  You took them grateful to get out of the dress you stood awkwardly holding the material until you cleared your throat looking at the angel he blushed before mumbling an apology turning around giving you privacy.
You tapped him on the shoulder once you had changed he turned around before gazing at you in his clothes, "you suit them" he murmered
"What? Guy clothes jeez thanks Ren" you teased
Warrens eyes widened, and he scratched his hair, "no I mean you look good... I um huh."
You ducked your head smiling.

You leant against the tree Warrens head on your chest as he hugged you. You pulled his hand close to you then shocked to see bruise marks on the knuckles, "Ren, what happened?" You faintly hissed bringing the sleepy boy back from unconsciousness
"I hate seeing them being mean to you" he mumbled into your shirt
"I deserve it" you sighed before kissing the bruises on his hand.
"Ren?" You asked, he sat up spreading his wings out against the tree trunk like a feather blanket he looked at you with curious eyes.
"Why? Why did you stay, with me" you asked afraid of the answer that you were dreading that he pitied you, was pranking you that he hated you.
"Your worth staying with" he mumbled still half asleep "Go to sleep y/n it's late" he yawned. You sighed confused by his answer yet flustered by him being adorable.
You snuggled into Warrens side his fingers traced up and down your back a soothing pattern. "Thank you angel boy" you spoke into his ear, no response. Warren had fallen asleep cuddled with you; you leaned back into his wings focusing on his breathing falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.