After thanking Cami again, I rush downstairs, the fabric of my dress flowing out behind me in long waves. I spot Hayley standing alone, getting ready to meet Jackson. I kiss her cheek and tell her to break a leg which seems to make her laugh.

Entering the ballroom, I'm in awe of everything Klaus has done to pull this wedding off. It honestly looks beautiful and as I find my seat at the front next to Marcel, I begin to wonder what my wedding would look like. Not to say Klaus and I are getting married, but it does make me question what my dress would look like, what the venue would look like, who I would have stood by my side.

I snap out of my trance as I kiss Marcel's cheek. The harps begin to play a delicate tune as Hayley walks through the doors. She looks so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes. I stand up along with everyone else as Jackson joins her and they begin walking up the stairs to get to Mary.

The orchestra plays quietly below the balcony and I notice Hayley's smile light up the room.

"Please be seated. We gather together as a community seeking peace, inspired by this couple standing before you." I notice Hayley looking across to another balcony and look up, seeing Klaus smiling down at me with that sexy slanted grin he does. He wiggles his fingers at me and I roll my eyes and laugh, turning back to the wedding.

"There was a time when werewolves saw themselves not as cursed, but blessed with connection to our most pure selves. And tonight, we honor that blessing with the long-awaited unification of the two Crescent bloodlines. In doing so, we choose to embrace Hayley's vampire nature. With this union, Hayley will share her unique gifts with her pack."

She ties their hands together with a string of white baby's breath before placing a long lit match between them.

"And now, your vows."

"I pledge to honor you and defend you and yours above all others."

"To share in blessings and burdens. To be your advocate, your champion."

"To be your comfort, your sanctuary, and for as long as we both shall live."

"To be your family."

They smile at each other and light the ceremonial candle before fixing their gazes back on one another.

"You two have endured all the traditional werewolf rituals and trials. There is only one remaining. Jackson, you may kiss your bride."

Hayley bites her lip as Jackson leans into her. He cups her face with his worn hands and pressed his lips to hers. I bite my lip to fight the howl of excitement threatening to escape.

Suddenly, my eyes glow gold and looking about the room, I see all the wolves eyes flash gold. I don't feel any different but that's because I'm already a Hybrid. I still smile at the fact that this actually worked which makes it all worth it.

Hayley and Jackson both look down on the crowd as everyone begins to whisper and celebrate. I catch Hayley's eye, a goofy grin of happiness breaking onto my lips for my sister. I instantly start clapping, starting of a wave of cheers and howls in celebration. A feeling of relief washes over me as for once, I feel like everything will be okay.

- - -

Later on that evening, the reception is in full bloom, Hayley all giddy with her new husband. I had checked in earlier on Hope to ensure she was okay which Cami assured me she was.

I managed to tear myself away only to find myself resting my back against a pillar as Hayley and Jackson dance with one another. Despite everything that's gone on between us, I can't stop smiling and feeling happy for them. They deserve to be happy.