Chapter 27

{Your P.O.V.}

We rush over to where the sounds were coming from. I pull out my handgun to shoot at anything that hurts my poor puppy. 

I stop and take a step back when I see what's surrounding the two growling dogs. 

These weird creatures were cornering them. Uni was hunched in front of Alpha, barking and growling. Even though it seemed like Uni was protecting her, she stood tall and growled twice as loud. 

Cory was the first one to shoot at those things. Which quickly drew there attention to us. The three of us quickly shot them down. One getting to close to us. Too close to me. 

I felt a pressure on my chest that wasn't new.  I bit my lip as I pulled the trigger and it fell to the floor. Regaining my breath I look to Uni and Alpha. 

"Uni! Are you okay?" Cory yelled. He put his gun down and gave him a good look. 

"Oh yeah I'm fine," he turned to Alpha to make she was okay too.  "I actually could've taken them." He looked to Alpha and held his head high. 

"Really? Then we shouldn't have came over here," Adam joked. Cory went along with the joke,  "Waste of time to come and help them huh?"

"Yeah, Yeah. I would've been fine," Uni exclaimed. 

"Like hell you would," Alpha scoffed. 

"Such a big dog now," I laughed. 

"Well, you know, I am a bad-ass," Uni said while Alpha looked at him weirdly. 

I watch them argue for a bit longer. They keep going back and forth about this and that. 

"How you doing?" I asked Alpha. She glanced at me, "Not so well.... Hey (Y/N)?"

I turn my attention to her, "What's up?"

"..I haven't been feeling well, I think I should step down a bit."

"What do you mean?" I gave her a concerned look. 

She looked to me, "I just can't go on missions like this anymore."

"Does it hurt that bad?" I questioned her. 

She turned away and stayed quiet. 

"So Uni, Why'd you run off like that?" Cory asked. I turned my head to their conversation since I knew Alpha wasn't going to talk. I'll tried to talk to her later. 

"Well you see, after you read out that code out loud, something went through me. Like I had to go to where the code told me to go," He tried to explained. 

"Do you know what the code means?" Cory said. 

"No, no. It was just a bunch of number that kinda clicked in my brain. Then I just had to run."

I frown, "That's strange."

Adam looked around, "Well, are we close?"

"I mean, yeah. I think it's close. The numbers are still fresh in my brain," Uni said before walking somewhere. We quickly follow him as he walked away. 

"Uni, do you think whatever is happening cause by the person you were with before us?" Cory questioned. 

"Oh.... My previous owner... well he was pretty old so," Uni kept walking. 

I tilt my head in confusion, What does Uni's past owner have anything to do with the codes? 

We had over to a big hole thingy. It's pitch black and you can't see a thing.  I scan the whole area. This include Alpha. I still have to watch over her. Especially since she says she hurting and can't move around.