Chapter 18

{Your P.O.V}

"Okay, so we are doing this." I stated anxiously as I see a sign saying, 'Radiation Ahead!' In big bold letters. I start thing about how Alpha will survive the radiation zone. I think Uni should be fine but Alpha...

She doesn't have that weird technology that Uni has. This whole situation feels bad to me. I don't know why but it does. The very heavy power armor doesn't help either. I'm already tired by the time we got to the beginning of the Radiation Zone.

I look to the guys and see that they aren't worried at all. Well at least Cory and Adam don't look worried. Nick on the other hand...  He looks terrified. I don't blame him though. I was also scared and I bet everyone was too. They're just hiding it. 

There was a lot of dead trees, makes sense though. Hopefully nothing else dies out here. Cory makes sure that he has Dawn. When he called out to Dawn, he sounded frustrated. He said He was decoding something to figure out who that mystery guy was. While that happened I went ahead to check out the area. 

It was super spooky. Well besides the fact that there was a little picnic thing set up. A little picnic basket was there and everything. I looked through the chest and decided to leave the items to Nick. Maybe he could sell them or something. There was Cornbread but It was probably going bad so I didn't take it. 

I could hear the footsteps of my group coming to me. There they were, all together. But not for long, I thought. I didn't wait for them. Instead going to see what else there was to explore. While still being in my thoughts. What if I lose them and never see them again? Would The Boss come and try to take me back to the world of a well known Bounty Hunter? 

What if I never see Cory again? I would never hear of Nick's great deals on his latest Potions. No more of Adam's joke or Uni hatred for Mushroom Stew. I tried to shake those thoughts out of my head but time to time they come back. Just to haunt me once more. 

Before I could think of my next thought, I felt a sudden hit of impacted. "OW," I yelled in pain as I took a step back. Looking up I could see, even if it was blurry, what I had bumped into.  

It was a cabin?.. Cabins? There were just a bunch of building. "What the..?" 

This was.. Random. Why would someone build this out here? Was it here before the nuke hit? Hearing someone yell made me look behind me. 

"(Y/N)! You can't just wander around like you own the place." Cory said, obviously worried. I looked back at him, rubbing my head. 

"Ah, right, sorry." I apologized and turn back to the cabins. "This is pretty strange, must have been nice before the nukes hit." I thought of what everything could've looked like. I didn't know much of life back then. 

"Hey (Y/N)? Are you okay? You seem kinda out of it?" Cory asked. I looked at the ground and back at him, at his beautiful hair that seemed perfect even though it was dirty and messy. I wonder how he does it,  there's no showers and yet he still manages to stay so handsome and-

"(Y/N)?" Cory yelled while grabbing my shoulders. I blush and shake my head. "Is the radiation getting to you? Maybe the power suit isn't working. We should head back." Cory rambled. 

"No, it's not that." I continued, "I just realized I haven't had time to think somethings over." I look into his eye. "I'm okay, don't worry about it." I smiled and walked into the cabin. 

In the corner of my eye I could see Cory standing in place before calling Uni to look around more. I walk into the house, Nick following me and looking for anything to pawn.