Chapter 8

Your P.O.V

It didn't look to good for us. We got hungry and thirsty. I didn't have much of anything. The storm looked calm and Cory suggested that we could probably run and get to the other side of the mountain. Cory went outside to talk to Uni, We stayed in the cabin. Nick was looking around the house while I stayed near the fire. 

After a little bit, Nick pulled the rug and looked under it. There was a trapdoor! Well at least I think it was. Nick called for Cory and soon he came in.  Cory's 'eye' widen as he look at it.
"Well, what are we waiting for? Nick open it." Cory said. Nick nodded and open it. 

It looked pretty far, even though it was deep Uni still jumped for it. He barked so that we knew he was Ok. Nick went down saying something about 'Treasure'. Soon we followed after them. I made sure everyone was down then I went down the ladder last. It had water underneath so it was an easy fall. Though it was wet, it was safe and easy to go down.

When we got down, Cory made sure I was Ok and then look in a chest. It had water and Mushroom Stew. Nick took the Mushroom Stew, like anyone wanted it. Cory passed the water bottle to me and I was able to drink it. I gave it back to him and we continued in the mine. There was a fork in the road and we chose the right said because Uni said something about food. So we headed for the tunnel. We soon found out that it was a coal mine and that the tunnel was a dead end. But, there was holes in the bottom of the walls. 

Then, out of nowhere a big leech came out of the hole. Cory quickly killed it and a loud scream came from the holes. 'We need to get out of here and fast' I thought. Cory echoed my thought and we got out of there as fast as we could. Heading towards the other side of the cave. Killing a few leeches on the way. We found a few chest and food plus some water. 

"Guys! Look there is Gold!" Nick shouted. We tried to tell him that it will only make him slow. He didn't think so and he kept it. We ran for it and found a hole. The hole wasn't deep. We jumped down and ran across a bridge. When we got to an end but it was boarded up. I got the ax that was on Cory's back and hit the door, breaking it.  We headed down even more but found more leeches. One even hurt Cory. He yelled in pain as I made my way to him. I looked at the cut and started to help him up. We made it to a huge opening only to find a lot of them. 

"Here Cory," I continue giving him my gun, "take this. You could probably us it." He nodded his thanks and we ran into the opening. I was using my knife, and I was lucky I didn't get hurt. When we got closer to the end we heard loud noise. Out came the biggest leech I have ever seen.

"Guys just stand still!" Cory ordered. "What we can not do that! We are going to get killed!" I yelled back. Cory look at me then Nick, "Trust Me!" He said. I nodded my head as the thing cam closer to us and at a fast rate. When it was pretty close to us Cory yelled, "NOW!" He said as he jumped to the side. I did the same but moving to the right. I hit the floor, 'Wait this doesn't feel like the floor' I thought. I looked up to see I landed into someone's chest. 

That someone being Nick. "Ow, (Y/N) are you Ok?" he said. I nodded yes getting out of his arms. I was still a hard fall because of the gold he was carrying. I look to the other side to see Cory passed out and Uni barking at him. He woke up after a while with a loud gasp. I gave him some water and made sure he was Ok. He told me that it must have been some Stones that fell when the leech hit the wall that hit him. I nodded and went to check on Nick and Thanked him for catching me. Cory must have heard us talking because He decided to get into the mix. 

"He did what?" Cory asked. I looked at him and said, "What happened doesn't matter right now. We need to get out of here." He hesitantly nodded and we looked around one last time. When we went back to the leech's blood we saw a tunnel. "Guys do you see that?" Cory said pointing to the top of the tunnel. It look like light! Uni pointed us to the exit of the tunnel where there was light and the sky and the sun. It was perfect..

It look like we were on the other side of the 'dog bowl'. The guys were talking to each other while me and Alpha also talked to each other. "So what was that all about?" She began. I looked at her confused, "What was what about?"

"You know, about Nick and you." She 'grinned'.

"I don't know what you talking about. What is going on with Uni and you." I said sharply. That shut her up. We came to a door that Nick broke down. He said something about it adding it to the 'tab'. 

"Hey Cory, are you Ok? You took a hit to the head really badly." I asked in concern. He just nodded his head, "I'm fine, What about you? You must have hit the ground pretty hard." I thought back to that, Only to find myself blushing. "Nick broke my fall." I said quietly. I swear Cory glared at Nick for a second before turning to me. "That's good to know that you were Ok." He said. 

We walked towards the opening, Uni was getting excited. I was too, Knowing that we might be safe. It was a stupid thought....

When we got to the end it was just desert for as far as I could see. My eyes Widened. This couldn't be it... It was just sand and ground. Everyone was just disappointed.

This made Cory really upset. He started to yell at Uni and Nick. "Cory! Calm down." I proclaimed. "(Y/N) Don't tell me to calm down! Look at this! What good was it to go all the way from point A to Point B. Heck There is NO point B!" Cory yelled. I shut my mouth, even though I wanted to say more. Cory just ranted and yelled. "You know what Uni! This is all your fault! You made Adam leave and you lead us on this wild goose chase!" Cory hissed. Uni looked upset as well. He start to walk away. 

"Uni! Where are you going?!" Alpha asked. He just barked a reply. She looked back at me. I frowned as I saw her go by Uni's side. "Alpha... Where are you going?" I mumbled. She looked at Uni then to me,  "I'm going with Uni.." She stated.

"But, I thought you didn't like.. Uni." I ended. "Us dogs have to stick together." Is what she said before walking away with Uni. 

I looked as they ran away. I felt tears start to form in my eyes. She couldn't leave, Not without me.  "I took care of you! How dare you leave me like that!" I proclaimed. I fell to the ground crying. "Please don't leave me.." I said once more while tears fell to the ground. Cory looked at me but his rage took over him so much that he didn't care. He just kept yelling. 

"Cory! Look there is someone there." Nick said as Cory pointed his gun at the person. But, before he could shoot he got hit in the shoulder by other bullet. I didn't care to look up. I had just lost my best friend to some dog we grouped up with a few months ago. I was grabbed by Cory and put behind this building so I didn't get shot. I just leaned on the wall. Sliding down Cory yelled, "Do you have a death wish or something?! You could have been shot!" I looked at him, my eyes red and puffy. "Does it look like I care?" I hissed back. He just kept shooting. Then  I saw faces I thought I would never see again. 

"Max? Sky?" I quietly said. I looked at the two. "Well well, It's good to see you (Y/N). But can you care to explain what you were doing with this guy?" Sky said. I looked at him with shame. "You should have brought him to me, (Y/N)."  Other voice came out. "Ross, I-" he cut me off "Save it for later." He went up to Nick and knocked him out. I gasped, "Nick.." 

They asked for Uni but Cory just lied. He got punched in the face by Max. Max then pulled out a knife and was going after Cory. I couldn't just stand there. I quickly got up and Punched Max, very hard. He still got up and went up to cut me with the knife. I went back but.. 

"Ugh! What the heck?!" Max yelled as two dogs attack him. "(Y/N)! Are you Ok?" Alpha asked as Uni tried to bit Max. "Yes, But what about-" I then heard a gun shot. "UNI!" Alpha and Cory yelled at the same time. Alpha went after Max but got shot in the side by Ross. I sat there looking at my poor best friend laying on the ground bleeding. "I've never really like that dog." Ross said. 

"HOW DARE YOU!" Cory yelled as he went after Max. He grabbed a knife on the floor and cut Max with it, Making him fall to the ground. Adam looked at Cory and walked towards him. He pointed his gun to Him. I was about to yell but got  hit in the head by Ross. Before passing out I heard a loud gunshot. It was all over... We fell and probably will never get up.

(Wow sorry for that sad and weird Chapter. I just had to finish it. It is about to be 11pm here again so I'm going to Bed. I hope you liked this chapter. Also hope you liked the new cover. I did it and I was very proud of Cory's hair. It was fun to draw. Good night/Morning)

MariahReading out~

(1793 words)