Task 2 - Female Entries

.Flora Black:

60...

When the tube finally reached the surface, a blinding lit shone through my eyes, and I expected a meadow, or forest, or desert but not this. My eyes adjusted and I noticed the city around me.

40...

The cracked pavement and caved in buildings told me it had been long since abandoned. An old factory stood in the distance. I could heard the crash of waves, and I felt an eerie chill run down my spine at the weird feeling this place gave me.

A huge spider crawled out from a crack in a building, and began to climb down the walls. The huge golden horn stood in front of me as I turned towards the middle, it's metal surface glimmering in the sunlight. 

20...

I didn't a preference on my weapon, I would just grab something from the cornucopia. Several tributes stood around me, and I hear a small weep. The girl from district eight, Rain, pulled her district token out of her jacket. It looked like a small wooden ball, although I couldn't be too sure as I was several tributes away. She tossed it through the air, and it hit the ground next to Collin's platform. "Hey-" he began, before the land mines exploded and he was exploded to peices. Everyone was looking at him, and when the gong sounded it took everyone by surprise.

I dived off my platform, turning on my heel and diving towards Ashler. I punched him hard in the face, and he growled. Ashler gripped my shoulders and pulled me to the ground. He rolled on top of me, his face above mine.

I lifted my head, smacking my temple into his. It hurt, but it managed to stun him for a second as I slid underneath him. I jumped up behind him, delivering a blow to the head. Ashler whirled around, his hand flying through the air.

I did my best to avoid the blow, but it still made contact with my ear. I shouted angrily, and dove at his feet. Ashler stepped back and attempted to kick my face, but I grabbed his ankle and kept it from touching me. I twisted it as hard as I could, and he cursed angrily.

The gleam of metal nearby caught my eye, and I grabbed it as quickly as I could. It turns out it was an axe, which I was fine with. I swung it at Ashler's head, but he ducked underneath it and punched me in the stomach.

I yelped in pain and swung again, this time aiming for his stomach. Ashler jumped back, but not quick enough. The axe smashed into his rib, knocking him to the side with a loud crack.

I heard a puff of breath behind me, and ducked while whirling around to face Rain. I kicked my foot through the air, and it hit her roughly in the jaw. She hurtled to the ground, spitting blood out of her mouth. Her knocked out tooth. Was laying on the concrete, covered in blood.

Rain slashed a sword at me as Ashler dove at me from the other side. I quickly stepped away and Ashler skewered himself onto Rain's sword, like a human kabob. She gasped and ran away from me, ignoring her bloody hands.

She dove onto Caella, pulling her to the ground. Caella punched her in the jaw, but Rain grabbed her wrist and snapped it roughly. Caella screamed, and as I dove to help her, I was pushed to the ground by Crescentia. I lifted my knee and kneed her in the face before rolling away and ripping Rain off Caella.

Rain yelled and spun around, punching at my face. I ducked underneath the blow and kicked her in the chest. She was sent flying back, landing on her leg with a snap. She cried out in pain, and I swung the axe. It cut cleanly through her neck, and her head dropped off her body.

Caella winced as she ran towards the horn. Winter, who I now notice was on top of the horn, grabbed her good wrist and helped her up. Caella manages to make it onto the horn, followed by Clara, who threw a spear through the air. My eyes followed it as it impaled itself in Crecentia's chest. She dropped, dead, her eyes glassy.