Interview - Ash Cinders

As I sit, waiting for my turn in the spotlight my hands get sweaty and I wipe them on my pants. My stylist has put me into a delicate, purplish tux with a little, red Rose in the pocket. Then I hear my name being called up and put on my best smile. It's time to show the Capitol what I am really like.

"Welcome Ash! Now tell me, how are you liking the Capitol?" I wipe off the remaining sweat on my hands and suddenly I become more confident.

" it's amazing! The food is so nice and all the Capitol people, you all look so...different! But in an amazing way of course! And must I say, Ruby, you look beautiful!" The crowd applaud at my compliment and cheer. Ruby has her hair in a bun with little strand of hair falling down beside her ear. "Oh and not to mention that the food is DELICIOUS!".

"So Ash, who do you think stands out the most this year?" Ruby says. "Hmmm well there are a lot of strong tributes this year but I guess Flora from 1 stands out. She is defiantly in it to win it, I mean like, come on, she said that she would backstab anyone but I guess that's just a career thing, ya know?!" I reply. "I guess so!" Ruby says back.

"Do you think Flora is the biggest threat? If not, who?" Ruby questions. "Hard question Ruby!" I reply back "Flora is defiantly one of my biggest threats, along with all the careers. There could be some other tributes that are killing machines that are hiding it but that's all I got for now!"

"Ok, next question!" Ruby says excitedly "Who do you think is the weakest this year?" "Well, my district partner, Cresentia, doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed but she might strike when it's her time. Like I said, some people might be crazy killing machines but we don't know it!" I reply. "That's true!" Ruby says.

"Moving on now!" Ruby pushes forward "Do you have and loved ones, girlfriend, siblings or parents back home?" I sigh in my mind. I had been dreading this question. "Well as you might know, both my parents and my granddad have past away but I still have my grandma." I tell her "But I do also have a girlfriend back home." "Oh!" Ruby says, surprised "What's her name?" She questions. "Her name is Isis, Isis Greenwood and she is the most beautiful girl in the world!" I say and turn to the camera "Don't worry  Isis, I'll be back soon!" I say and blow a kiss to the camera. "Awww!" Ruby says and wipes a pretend tear from her eye.

"Ok,moving on now!" Ruby says "What do you mis back home?" Uh EVERYTHING! Do you think that I would just miss my family! "Well obviously I miss my family and girlfriend, but there is quite a lot of things that I miss back home like the smell of burning wood and coal." I say back "But there is a lot more things I miss but I won't bore you!"

"Ok, next question!" Ruby says "Do you think that you have a chance at winning this years Hunger Games?" Hmm let's see.... NO! Of course i don't, i mean, careers are in it for a reason!!! "Well yeah, I guess so!" I lie "I will go as far as I can, if possible and I'll promise you that I will be making it to the final four!" I say, trying to give myself a little hope. "We hope you do!" Ruby says and the crowd erupts in applause and cheers.

"Ok Ash, if you had to kill everybody in your alliance to win, would you?" Ruby questions. Wow, I wasn't expecting that question! "It depends, I mean, if I had become really good mates with them and all that stuff, never!" I say back "But if they are not the greatest bunch of people that I've come to know, then, we may just have some problems!" "Exactly what I would do!" Ruby squeals.

DING DING DING!

"That would be the timer saying that Ash Cinder's time is up!" Ruby shouts to the crowd. I walk over to her and give her a big man hug. I like this girl! She's fantastic! "Thank you Ruby and thank you Capital!" I say as I walk off the stage, waving and smiling!

What an awesome experience! I don't understand why I was so nervous!