Interview - David Green

The buzzer rings loudly, causing many of the other tributes to cover their ears. I look around at them and smirk. Babies.

"Well, looks like that's all we have time for!" Ruby Shimmer, the I interviewer, says. My district partner, Rye Harvey, skips off the stage. As she skips past me, I glare at her in disgust. I hate it when other people are happy.

"What are you so happy about?" I say to her. She gives me an angry look, them just walks back towards the other tributes. I grin. I love ruining other people's happiness.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Ruby says. "David Green!" I walk onto the stage, but there are only a few cheers. But I don't care. I just sit down in the chair across from her.

"So, David," she says. I can see her leaning back in her chair. I can see fear in her eyes. She seems afraid that I will hurt her. And that's what I like to see.

"Well, uh, welcome David!" she says, trying not to show her fear. "So, tell me, how's your time in the Capitol been?"

"It's been okay," I say, shrugging. "The thing I like most about it is the training room, though. I think I'm ready for this year's Games. Actually, scratch that. I know I'm ready!"

"Okay!" Ruby says. "Nice! So why did you decide to volunteer?"

"Well, my father has taught me an important lesson," I say. "Pain is good."

"And how is pain good?" Ruby questions.

"Because it teaches you how to be tough. If you are constantly in pain, eventually you will toughen up," I explain.

"So why did you decide to volunteer?" she asks.

"Because I have decided that I will help people by putting them in pain," I say.

"But only one person can be victor," she says.

"Yes," I say. "But that person will have felt lots of pain, and when they leave the arena, they will be tougher than before."

"Really," Ruby says. "Well, then. Lets move on to the next question."

Idiot. She really thinks that's why? I joined because I want to kill people and put them in pain, but not for a good reason. For my satisfaction. Well, that is a good reason. But not for them.

"Who do you think is the weakest tribute?" Ruby asks.

"Oh, definitely Blake Raven from 8," I answer. "He's too nice to have even the slimmest chance in the Games."

"Ah, okay," Ruby says, nodding understandingly. "I understand. He does seem to be really nice. I'm surprised that he didn't want any allies."

"Me too," I agree.

"Anyways," she says. "Let's move on to the next tribute. Do you have any loved ones?"

"I only have my father," I say. "My mother mysteriously died when I was a baby."

"Aw, what a shame," Ruby says. "That must be really hard."

I nod. "It is."

"So what do miss about back home?" Ruby asks.

"Not much," I say.

"Well, what is in that 'not much'?" she questions.

"Nothing, really," I reply. "There isn't much to miss."

"Whatever you say," she says, shrugging. "Anyways, how about we get to our final question?"

"You say 'let's move on to our next question' a lot," I point out.

"I do, don't I," she says.

"Yep," I confirm.

"Anyways, lets move on-- Oops! I almost did it again!" she laughs, and the crowd laughs hysterically with her. I roll my eyes without anyone noticing. It's really not that funny.

"Okay," she says, finally recovered. "So do you think you have a chance of winning the Games?"

"Yes, definitely!" I yell.

"Well, I guess that's it then!" Ruby says. "With that simple ending, I guess it's over!"

I stand up from my chair. I walk back towards the other tributes. "Bye, and I'll see you at the victor's crowning ceremony or whatever the heck you call it!" The crowd laughs as I wave my way off the stage.

As soon as I am out of sight, I grin. Hopefully, the sponsors that like viscous tributes will know that deep inside, I am really dangerous and out for blood. But hopefully, that act on the stage will trick sponsors that like nicer tributes that I am mostly harmless and helpful. That would mean that I would most likely get a sponsor.

I've got these Games in the bag.