Interview - Clement Janwerd Jr.

"Clement, Everybody!" Ruby exclaims as I walk off stage. I reflect on the interview, hoping I did good. Lets see, when she asked how I was liking the Capitol, I have a vague compliment about the scenery. She had asked about me killing before, I explained the story, then answered her boring questions about what it was like to kill. To be honest, it was a blur for me. One second I was being shoved to the ground, the next I was dragging the body to dump it in the outhouse. I can't remember much.

Then Ruby asked, "Who stands out the most to you this year?" See, that stumped me. Was she asking about looks, or skills, I don't know. I shrugged and made a "what can I say?" gesture, muttering.

"I guess Clara. I mean her hair is pretty cool." Ruby nodded enthusiastically, her gold hair bobbing up and down from its high perch on her head.

"Do you think she's a threat to you?" Ruby asked, smoothing out her glittery dress. I half-heartedly nodded.

"Yeah, I guess. But she's one of my allies so that doesn't matter to us." I told her of our giant alliance, consisting of several of the careers. We were like the traditional careers, just in a bigger number.

"Ah, I see. And who do you think is the weakest tribute?" Ruby asked, leaning forward eagerly, as if it will pull the answer right out of my throat. I thought for a moment, considering my answer. If I say a relatively strong tribute is weak, they'll go after me in the arena. But what do I care?

"Two, actually. Travis and Destiny. They're just depending on each other to live. It won't last long and it certainly won't kill other tributes," I laughed, adjusting my green silk tie. "No way they'll make it to the final 8."

Ruby seemed intrigued, eyes wide and nodding excitedly. Her cat-like eyes are silver. They reflected the light as she asked the next question. "Do you have any loved ones? Siblings, a girlfriend, maybe?" She winked, nudging me with her elbow.

"Nope. It's just me. I gave up on my family a while ago," I sighed, pulling on the grey sleeves of my tux.

"Oh, I'm so sorry dear. Is there anything at all you miss about back home?" Ruby asks. I shook my head. I hated that nuthouse.

"Oh, nothing? You sure? Oh well. What do you think your chances of winning are?" Remembering my coaching session with my mentor, I chose the arrogant, cocky persona.

"Technically, it's 1/24. But considering how much better I am than some of the other tributes, it's more like 1/5," I smirked, standing.

Back to the present, I was standing back in the flat, and undressing. I don't know why I had to wear such a tight-fitted suit, and I was having trouble taking the pants off. As I got my left leg finally out, I tripped and hit the wall. A beautiful, probably priceless, painted fell and shattered on the hardwood. Oh well, not that it'll matter if I live. Because I will survive.