vingt-deux

Jennie came back to their house with her two brothers, but instead of sticking with them, the model chose to isolate herself inside her room.

When she reached her room upstairs, she immediately locked the door and plopped herself down onto the soft mattress of her bed.

The whole day was stressful enough for her to bear, and even with the thought of Namjoon staying in their house for a while, it bothers her every time she would think of every possible thing that can happen once her brother was found guilty.

Jennie stood up from her bed when she heard a knock on her door.

It was faint, and she could tell who was the one knocking on the other side of the door.

"Jennie, may I?"

Jennie held the door knob; breathing heavily before finally opening it.

On the other side, Taehyung was standing with a phone on his hand. They looked at each other with Taehyung silently asking for permission to enter the room through his eyes.

The younger opened the door wider and Taehyung took it as a cue to walk inside.

"How's he?" Jennie took the courage to speak up first by asking a very obvious question.

"He kept his distance away from us when we arrived at the police station. Even Seokjin had a hard time talking to him." Taehyung sat down on the small sofa just beside the sliding door to the small veranda.

"How are you?" Taehyung asked this time and when he looked at his sister, Jennie had her head low whilst sitting at the side of her bed.

"It's strange. I can't bring myself to be mad at either of you two." The model sighed as fibble with her fingers resting on her lap.

The room went into a complete silence until Taehyung stood up from the sofa to open the sliding door beside him. The cool breeze welcomed him and entered the room.

"I don't even know if apologizing would do anything."

"You two have nothing to apologize for. Namjoon did it to defend himself, you did it because mother desperately asked you to. If I didn't know the reason behind that, I would've ran away from all of you, but no."

Jennie looked up from her lap as she watched her brother standing by the door as she spoke.

"Namjoon's going to jail, we're sure of that because we have nothing to defend him. But what we can do is to be there for him, to finally act as a family." Jennie continued.

Taehyung looked at her for a while; tears were threatening to fall down from his eyes seeing his sister be this brave.

"His sentence would be shorter than the usual because he surrendered. What are we going to do during that time?" Jennie asked. She believed to herself, she should believe to her brothers as well.

"I talked about this with Seokjin a while ago. I'll take care of the company for a while with him and you will quit modeling."

Jennie had her eyes widened as she heard those words escape from her brother's mouth.

"Why would I quit?" The model asked; confused.

Taehyung closed the sliding door before walking towards his sister. He took a seat beside his sister with a tight smile on his face.

"You're going to do something that you really wanted to do from now on. Namjoon made me promise the last time we talked and you know that I am not that person who breaks promises. We've put you in a place where you don't want to in the first place even if you're doing great at it. It's time for us to let you do what you want. We'll always be here to support you."

"I-

Taehyung looked at her with his questioning eyes.

"I never knew you're that deep." Jennie chuckled before hugging his brother. It took her brother by surprise and even she herself. It's probably the first time that they'll be this close both emotionally and physically.

"Can I ask you something?" Jennie took the courage to ask another question when she released herself from the hug.

"What is it?" Taehyung was about to stuff his phone into his pocket when a notification popped up.

The model looked at his screen and saw Jungkook's name on the notification bar together with an unknown message. Jennie saw how he immediately turned off his phone causing her to smile wider than her usual.

"What's with you and him?" Taehyung automatically snapped his head to face his sister as Jennie tried to hold in her laugh.

"Why do you look so scared? If you like him or if there's something going on between the two of you, I won't judge. You two look perfect together, I'm not gonna lie with that." The model showed him probably the warmest smile he had seen from her. Taehyung felt happy that it's not that awkward anymore between them.

"I like him though. I had no reasons, I just like him because it's him. You know that feeling?" Taehyung scrunched his face as he tried to explain himself as to why he likes the younger, and Jennie found it cute and endearing to see her brother doing those cute little things while talking about Jungkook.

"Too bad, I don't know that feeling yet. Are you two in a relationship?"

"Before our trip, he took me on a 'friendly date' at a restaurant far enough from the public only for him to confess right then and there while we're talking about life and such. After that, we grew closer to each other until we made it official a few days before Jisoo handed us the 'invitation'." Taehyung explained; making those little gestures and expressions as he remembered all those moments they had.

"That's cute. Why don't you check his message?"

Taehyung had showered himself enough embarrassment in front of his sister and checking the message will only make it worse for him. He shook off the thoughts and opened his phone. He immediately opened the message, only for it to reveal a sad message from the younger.

"Their neighbours are pestering them about their relationship with us. He said that Lisa can't even explain themselves and decided to move out, now they don't know where to stay for a while."

"Make them stay here then." Jennie spoke out of pure reflex and she only realised that making those two live with them is an interaction with Lisa. She immediately regretted her words and wanted to change her decision but when she saw her brother typing away the message and therefore sending it, she can't do anything but to facepalm herself.