vingt-huit

Staff were busy setting up different kinds of equipment, idols preparing for their rehearsal stages, and music show hosts rehearsing for their appearances. When Jennie walked towards the place where audiences sit during live music shows, she was amazed at how these music shows work off-cam.

She wondered how it would feel to be an idol preparing for her performance.

Jennie sat down on the empty chair between Jisoo and Chaeyoung. Seokjin along with her brother and his boyfriend were seated behind them. Yoongi was on his way from the dressing rooms to his seat, informing them about Jimin and Lisa.

"Jimin pulled Lisa to take pictures of him, and he told me to make sure all of you are here." Yoongi sat down on his seat beside Seokjin, stuffing his phone to his pocket.

"He must be nervous for his debut stage." Jisoo commented.

Other groups started to rehearse for their stages and when they saw Lisa running to go to her seat beside Jisoo, Jimin was walking towards the stage along with his back-up dancers.

"You contributed to the production, right?" Seokjin asked Yoongi beside him.

"But Jimin wrote most of the lyrics."

Jimin along with his back-up dancers stood on the stage following their respective positions. Jennie can see how nervous the boy might be, but she knew for a fact that her friend would do well.

Jennie saw how Jimin struggled to find their eyes from the audiences, and when he finally saw them, they all smiled and cheered for him even if it's just a rehearsal and it's not the live performance yet.

Others from their group of friends might not know, but Jennie knows how much struggle Jimin faced when he was still in his training period. At that time, Yoongi was there to be by his side along with her who supported him and the two of them as a couple from time to time.

The sensual and orchestral instrumental started and the next thing that they knew, the rehearsal stage was on fire.

-

After the music show ended, Seokjin told them to go to a specific restaurant right after Jimin finished packing up his stuff. Jennie decided to let the girls go by her car and Seokjin brought the boys to his car.

Jennie waited for the others to get in her car, with Jisoo seating on the passenger's seat beside her. Chaeyoung and Lisa were still outside talking to Jungkook.

"Do you like her?" Jennie whipped her head facing Jisoo on her right with such shock. Confused; she knitted her eyebrows, carefully trying to think of a way to answer the older's question.

"Who? Lisa?" The older chuckled from her seat pointing a finger at the younger who was still confused at her.

"I didn't mention any names but you immediately asked me if it was Lisa. Seriously, do you like her?"

Jennie looked away from the older, looking down at her lap with her hands holding the steering wheel in front of her. "I don't even know?" Jennie tried to answer.

Jisoo was about to respond but the car doors behind them were opened by both Chaeyoung and Lisa, adding an awkward silence inside the car. Jisoo looked away and drifted her eyes towards the window while Jennie tried to keep her cool by clearing her throat.

"Seokjin reserved a vip place in the restaurant he was talking about earlier. We don't have to worry about the media." Chaeyoung spoke behind them, closing the car door in the process. Jennie looked up from her lap before speaking.

"It's not like we have something to hide."

-

"First of all, congratulations to Jimin for his debut performance!" Seokjin cheered, bringing up his glass of wine urging the others in the table to do the same. Jimin has this big smile on his face that shows how happy he is to celebrate the precious moments with his friends.

"It's kind of sad that Namjoon isn't here with us but I do hope he is doing well." Jimin spoke, remembering about the older who wasn't with them at the moment.

Jennie brushed away her worried thoughts and spoke.

"I'm pretty sure he's fine." She shrugged. The others looked at her and when she felt the unnecessary attention, she spoke again.

"Now is not the time to worry. We need to celebrate Jimin's debut performance." Jennie spoke with a smile before sipping on her glass of wine. The others agreed and brushed the topic off as well.

Waiters were currently walking towards them, serving their food. Chats started to be heard here and there and when they were about to dig into the food, Jimin raised his hand to stop them.

"I think it would be better if we announce something before we eat."

"Why? Are you getting married?" Seokjin asked in curiosity. The younger idol blushed on his seat while his boyfriend has the biggest smile Jennie and the others have seen so far.

"Jennie already recorded her song."

"It's not that big of a deal." Jennie shyly spoke with her head low. She tried to avoid the piercing eyes of her friends along with her brother, she was about to change the topic when Taehyung spoke.

"It is."

Jisoo cleared her throat. She knows that Jennie deserves all the support that they can give to her. This is her dream, and now that she's achieving it, they all want to be there for her as she steps out to finally reach something that she really wants.

"You know so much about how things happened for you to achieve your dreams. We all just want to be here for you because at some points of our lives, we've been there in that kind of situation and we knew that it sucks when there's no one with you to celebrate things with. Don't even doubt yourself with your capabilities. That goes well with you too Jimin." Jisoo turned her attention to the male idol.

"I am glad that all of you are here with me today and that we'll be celebrating Jennie's debut as well together. We dreamt of this as long-time friends, and now that we're going to achieve that not just together but with you guys, and of course my boyfriend right here, I am so grateful, really." Jimin expressed his words too much with his expressions that Jennie couldn't help but to chuckle at him.

"We're here to celebrate his debut oh my god why am I involved?"

Lisa looked up to face the older before responding with a fond smile on her face.

"Because you're precious too."