trente

With all the training and practices she got before the official release of her song, it was finally the day before her debut and Jennie was nervously pacing back and forth inside the practice room she has been using from time to time.

Seating on the floor against the mirror was Lisa, who was practically following the older with her eyes.

"Calm the fuck down." Lisa took the bottle of water beside her before throwing it towards the older. Jennie whipped her head, cracking some bones here and there but her head was still doing fine, before speaking.

"How the fuck can I calm down? My fans as a model were anticipating it the most and I doubt I will disappoint them with the sudden change in my career." Jennie blurted out the words as if she was rapping and the younger was thankful her ears were fine enough to catch all the things Jennie said.

"There would be some but that's part of life, we can't do something about it." Lisa gestured to the older to drink the bottle of water in her hands.

"Do you want to practice a bit more?" When Jennie took down the bottle from her lips, the younger was already standing in front of her. That's when it came to the point that having Lisa near her was more nerve-wracking than her debut.

"I'm too nervous to dance today."

Lisa looked away from the older, her eyes scanning the whole practice room. Never in her life she would see herself dancing in a practice room, and even teaching choreography. It was too good to be true and she's glad that she helped the older with her dreams. Now it has become more possible for her to reach her own.

"They're probably waiting for us to-

Lisa's words that were being spoken came into a full halt when an unfamiliar thing came into contact with her lips. It wasn't hard, but it was rather soft and it smells like coffee. In shock, Lisa didn't realize it soon enough that it was Jennie's lips connecting itself into hers.

Her brain was trying to process everything and when it did, Jennie was already trying her best to escape from the younger's grasp.

"Where do you think you're going?" Lisa gently pulled the older's wrist that she didn't know she was holding for a while now.

Jennie's body quickly faced the younger, almost falling from the impact but was thankful that there's the younger to keep her from falling physically. From her wrist, Lisa's hand went to hold the older by her waist; their bodies closing the gap in a matter of time.

The moment their clothes come in contact, Jennie can hear her heart beating at a rapid pace while holding her breath.

Jennie's eyes were wide; looking straight at the younger's eyes.

"Let me go." Jennie whispered under her breath, the close proximity was too much for her to bear. The younger's arm slowly let go of her waist, trying her best to recompose herself.

"Jisoo's waiting for us in the house, we should get going." The younger woman walked back a few steps away from Jennie, looking down at her feet; embarrassed. She immediately walked towards her things, picking it quick enough to be able to go out of the practice room even before Jennie could do so.

-

When the two of them settled inside her car, Jennie started the engine, trying to look away from the younger and to focus on the way ahead.

There was a rather awkward and suffocating silence inside the car, Lisa tried to open the car window beside her to let the air go inside and for herself to be able to breathe. "Do you want to play some music?"

Jennie glanced at the younger before nodding in agreement, she looked back again to focus on the road taking a few deep breaths here and there. The photographer carefully leaned forward to set up the music. When she successfully chose a song, she leaned back; looking intently outside through the car window.

[She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5]

"Your song choice is peculiar." Jennie mumbled before taking a turn. The younger drifted her attention towards her raising an eyebrow.

"In a good or bad way?"

"The prior one." The two of them started humming the song under their breaths and Lisa hoped that the older would get her intention. She nervously fiddled with her fingers, looking back and forth in front and on her side.

"Is there something you expect me to say?" Jennie suddenly asked whilst taking a full stop on a traffic light. The bright city lights were slowly fading away replacing the sky with stars and clouds along with the bright moon. The atmosphere between them were becoming less awkward as the older one started to gain some courage to speak.

"What?" Lisa snapped her head towards her. "What do you mean?"

Jennie sighed in her seat, brushing up her hair as she continued to wait for the traffic light to turn green. "What I did earlier, it wasn't nothing."

"Then what was that?" The traffic light turned green and Jennie started to drive forward. Their house was only a few meters away and even if Lisa wanted their conversation to last longer, it looks like the older wouldn't let that happen anytime soon.

Jennie continued to drive until they reached the front of their house while ignoring the younger who was impatiently waiting for an answer.

The older stepped on the break, turning the engine off afterwards before fully facing the younger beside her.

"I like you."

A few minutes of them staring at each other have passed and both of them are having the urge to lean forward. But when Lisa took all her courage to do that, a knock on their car windows can be heard. The two of them immediately backed away from each other, glaring at the people who were waiting outside the car.

"What the hell was that?" Lisa whispered to her cousin as soon as she got out of the car. Jungkook only chuckled before running towards his boyfriend who was being smacked by her sister.

Taehyung wrapped his arms on both Jennie and Jungkook's shoulders before speaking. "You have a big day tomorrow, set aside those please."