seize

Kim Jennie Jennie Kim,

I really do hope that you're crying now while you're reading the letters that we prepared before this day.

I am really thankful that you're there for my sister whenever I am not around. It came to the point where I now treat you as my younger sister as well, but that sounds wrong if I like your elder brother. I wish you all the happiness that you truly deserve.

I may not know it all, but I know that we can do something even if it's just a little bit to comfort you whenever those hard times come.

Enjoy the rest of your day and your life with us by your side, happy birthday!

Seokjinie

Jennie folded the letters she already saw and noticed that there's only one letter left for her to read. She expected something more than that of course, but reality hits harder than her expectations. She might hate Taehyung that much, but for her, he's still her brother. No one can change the fact that they're biologically connected.

The tears continued to go out from her eyes and through her cheeks as she opened the last letter.

Jennie-ssi

I am trying so hard not to cringe right now while I'm writing this birthday letter for you.

As your photographer, I hope that we can work together for so long. I am grateful to Jungkook for giving me a chance to work with you while he requested to be Taehyung's photographer. I am also grateful that we met that night in the bar although you have someone to take care because that particular person's drunk.

We've known each other for a few months now and I'll value the friendship that we have right now. I, we are always here for you no matter what. Happy birthday!

Your photographer, Lisa

Jennie folded all the letters and brought it out from the drawer to stuff it into her bag. She wouldn't want to forget such a thing when she leaves this place.

Wiping away her tears, she realizes the reason why the people downstairs went quiet all of the sudden. The model closed the drawer and walked towards the mirror to check her. Her eyes became slightly red from shedding tears while reading the letters, but for herself, she still looks okay.

After fixing her hair, she walked to the door and opened it with her heart beating at a rapid pace.

She still doesn't know what to expect, or rather, she doesn't want to expect something bigger than the letters stuffed in the drawer for her. Expecting can lead to something more painful than we imagine.

Outside of her door was dark, and quiet. She closed the door behind her and tried to walk towards the stairs with the help of the moon light shining through the windows. She spreads her arms outwards to feel her surroundings until she feels the railing of the stairs. Jennie slowly touched the stairs with her feet and went downstairs with a nervous expression on her face.

When she finally reached the ground, the lights went on again and a confetti popper popped on both of her sides.

Jennie had her eyes closed until Jisoo and Chaeyoung went towards and hugged her for the second time of the day. When she opened her eyes, she saw her friends in front of her with big smiles on their faces together with her brothers Namjoon- who's silently clapping at the back and Taehyung- who's trying his best to avoid his sister's eyes but failed to do so.

Jennie stared at the both of them and when her friends released her from the hug, she ran towards them and hugged them as tight as possible.

"Thank you." Jennie breathed with her eyes closed. Namjoon and Taehyung were both taken aback by the action as they stopped moving when Jennie hugged the both of them.

"You're... welcome?" Taehyung replied, unsure of what he should say. When Jennie walked away from them, she then proceeded to hug the rest of her friends. This is exactly what she had expected while she was reading the letters a while ago, but what she received wasn't just a birthday surprise, because of this small event, she realized that she's not alone in her battles anymore.

"When did you prepare this?" Jennie asked, still amazed and shocked at the current event.

"That's not for you to know. What's important is you should go and take a seat here." Seokjin gently pulled the model towards a chair, a different chair to be precise. Even though she's still confused, Jennie obliged and sat down at the chair the older was referring to. The others went to sit down at the couch since they're in the living room while Namjoon and Taehyung were left standing beside a wall that has the birthday girl's face and a 'happy birthday' greeting on it.

Different variations of food were also prepared in the nearby kitchen that's making Jennie hungry just from the smell.

"Jennie." Jennie snapped her attention back in front of her from looking at the kitchen and saw her elder brother standing in front with a mic on his hand. Just from the sight, Jennie's starting to feel the embarrassment crawl through her skin.

"This is embarrassing and somehow awkward to do not just in front of you but in front of your friends as well but this is the only way that we thought would be the most touching for you." Namjoon started speaking with his eyes focused on his younger sister. He saw her eyes getting teary and that caused him to divert his attention to somewhere else because he might be taken away by his emotions.

"Our relationship as siblings isn't that great and I always envy Seokjin for being a very good older brother to Jisoo. I always say to myself 'I wish I can be that kind of brother' not just to you but to Taehyung as well. As your brother I lack at everything and I am willing to take the chance to make it up with you and Taehyung if you two would let me. Seokjin would always say this and sometimes Yoongi as well, 'Not just because they ignore you, they don't love you as their older brother' and that would be the times where I want to ask you two personally if you love me." Namjoon wiped his tears with the back of his hand as he paused for a moment.

"I couldn't feel it at all, but because of that, I started to notice small details. You're always complaining about Taehyung. You hate Taehyung if I must say. But deep inside, I know it's not Taehyung that you should hate. It's not him but I don't know who it must be. What I am trying to say is, you're old enough to understand everything, and now you're turning one year older. I want the two of you to solve the problems you have because I don't know how long I can be here to try and be the bridge for the two of you."

"Stop." Jennie sternly spoke. She was wiping her tears with the handkerchief Lisa had given her in the middle of Namjoon's message. She knew what the meaning of the last sentence her elder brother had said and she didn't want to hear any more of it.

Taehyung had snatched the mic from Namjoon and pulled the elder towards the door that led to the beach. Seokjin panicked and was about to follow the two but was stopped by both Jimin and Yoongi who were shooting stern stares at the older. Both Jungkook and Lisa don't know what to do as they both stare at the open door. Jennie on the other hand was trying to calm herself with Jisoo and Chaeyoung on her side.

"I'm sorry." Seokjin kneeled down to reach the model's eye level while holding the younger's hands in a comforting way.

"No, you don't have to be sorry. I should be. All of you are being dragged towards our problem and I don't want you to feel burdened at what you heard from him."

"Jennie, remember what we said on those letters. We won't leave your side. We will always be here for you, remember that."

"Let's just eat, I'm hungry."