Isabel tried to walk away but he stepped in front of her. She once again tried to side step him, but he blocked her path, not in an intimidating way, but more of a playful manner.

She was carrying a round straw basket filled with cloth. He grabbed the basket from her and told her if she wanted it back she had to meet him at the place that they were standing the next night, before she could argue he blurred off.

Isabel met him the following night, but he didn't give her basket back right away. After a few failed attempts of getting her basket back, she just gave up and gave into whatever he wanted.

They talked for hours that night. And every night after they would meet in secret. His name, which she learned was Ian, was the most amazing man she had ever met.

As time went on they both developed deep feelings for each other.

When Jerome found out he threw a fit and forbade Isabel from ever seeing him again. As much as she loved Ian, she also loved her brother, she had no choice but to do as she was told.

Ian understood what she was going through, he vowed that one day they would be together, but until then they had to stay apart .

Isabel spent most of her nights crying as silently as possible, while her brother spent sleepless nights listening to his sister's heart breaking sobs.

Months passed and nothing changed. Isabel hardly talked, hardly ate, hardly slept. She wasn't angry at her brother, she was just heart broken.

Isabel's mother got sick and therefore had to leave town with her father to seek help.

A couple of days after, the love of her life appeared at her doorsteps. Jerome was furious but allowed him to explain himself. The explanation was that the purebloods had somehow managed to find out about a spell that would prove lethal to humanity. No matter how much Jerome loathed the thought of Ian and his sister together in the same room, he couldn't let that hatred persuade him into not helping.

The twins spent most of their time surrounded by books while Ian continued to investigate the purebloods.

They found the extermination spell in one of the books. Their plan was to burn the page, but unfortunately it was bound by magic, so trying to destroy it wouldn't work.

They decided to hide it until they came up with a better plan.

Ian found out about another spell. One that would destroy the most powerful vampires, the purebloods. The only problem was that the spell fed off of power. If the witch that performed the spell wasn't powerful enough , it would be too much to handle, which would lead to some internal injury or worse, death.

Isabel decided to do it, because she had more power. Jerome was against it, but even he knew this was the only way.

When Isabel wasn't helping her brother look through books for the spell, she was busy training to unleash the full force of her powers.

Ian couldn't visit as much because he was too busy trying to lead the purebloods in a different direction.

No matter how hard he tried to lead them away they still found out that someone was plotting against them.

The twins were at the private library that their family owned when Jerome sensed the purebloods from a distance. He told Isabel to go and hide, but she didn't want to leave him by himself with the purebloods.