The Nightmare (Frank/Matt)

Daredevil and The Punisher fanfiction story.

Third point of view

 Matt hadn't been sleeping well at night. Every time he would go to sleep he would wake up in sweat and would be crying. The nightmares were getting worse. He wished Frank was here with him. He refused to tell Frank about his nightmares because he didn't want to worry him.

Frank knew his boyfriend was hiding something from him. Whenever Frank would ask him if he was okay. Matt would just respond simply with saying I'm fine.  Earlier that day Frank decided to confront him because he wanted to know what he was hiding from him.  

Earlier that day 

Frank decided not to call Matt, but instead show up at his apartment unannounced because he wanted to get to the bottom of it. He grabbed his car keys and left his apartment. He got into his car and drove to Matt's apartment. Ten minutes later he arrived.

As Matt was washing his cup, he heard someone knocking on his door. He wondered who was here. He walked over to the door, unlocked it and he opened the door.

" Frank, what are you doing here?", he asked. Since Frank normally called him. 

" We need to talk", Frank replied as he walked inside the apartment. 

" About what exactly?"

" About you. I know your hiding something. You say your fine, but really I know your not. What's going on? Please, Matt just tell me," Frank begged.

" I'm not hiding anything", Matt lied.

" Bullshit!", Frank yelled.

" Is this why you came over?", he asked angrily.  

"No,I came over to see what's going on with you but of course you're just gonna deny it as usual and act like you're fine when actually you're not", Frank replied a little too harshly.

Matt kept his eyes locked with Frank's and yelled: " Get out!"

" Fine, but when you decide to tell me what's really going on with you call me because otherwise don't", Frank informed. 

He quickly exited the apartment and slammed the door hard behind him.

Matt sighed. He did want to tell him, but he was just afraid to.

Later that night

Matt woke up in his own sweat and began crying silently to himself. He hated the nightmares. He wanted to go back to sleep but he couldn't. He quickly grabbed his phone and called Frank. He needed him.

" Matt, why the hell are you calling me at three in the morning", Frank asked annoyed.

" Can you come over please", he sobbed.

" Hey, what's wrong", he asked concerned.

" I can't sleep. I keep having nightmares", he cried out.

" Matt I'll be over shortly, okay?"

"Okay".

Shortly afterward, Frank arrived and Matt opened the door and let him inside. 

Frank then embraced him in a hug and said " Come on. Let's go over to the couch".

All Matt could do at the moment was nod.

Matt curled up on the couch and laid his head on Frank's lap. Frank stroked his hair softly.

" I'm not gonna leave you", Frank told him.

" When I go to sleep, All I see is you getting murdered in front of me and I can't save you. I try to save you but I'm always late", he whimpered.

Hearing this made Frank's heart shatter into a million pieces.

He pulled Matt closer to him and said " I'm never ever going to leave you. you hear me".

"I don't like being away from you", Matt added.

" Me either. Tomorrow morning I'm going to go to my apartment and pack my bags. I'm gonna move in with you. Okay?"

Matt nodded and said," I would like that".

" Come on. Let's go to bed."

They made their way to the bedroom. Once there, Frank stripped down into his briefs and joined Matt in the bed. Matt cuddled up against Franks side and laid his head down against his chest.  They told each other goodnight and went to sleep.

The next morning

Matt woke up. Being next to Frank and knowing he was safe was all he needed. Frank would often be gone for days at a time and Matt often asked him if he would consider moving in with him but he would always reject the offer. He was glad that he decided to move in with him. The nightmares really did affect him because he didn't know if he was safe. Matt couldn't help but to smile at his sleeping boyfriend. He then laid his head back down on Frank's chest and went back to sleep.