Denial (Loki/Mobius)

Loki is in love with Mobius.

Loki and Mobius both work at the TVA. Loki is madly in love with Mobius but doesn't tell. him how he feels because he thinks Mobius will reject him and stop being his friend. And Loki can't lose his friendship with Mobius.

Loki walks over to Mobius's office and knocks on the door. He hears Mobius say", Come in", and Loki walks in and closes the door behind him.

"Mobius wanna get lunch with me", he awkwardly askes. Loki prayed in his mind that Mobius would say yes.

"Yeah sure Loki, just give me 5 minutes, I need to put some stuff away and then I'll come join you".

"Okay", Loki replied with a smile.

Loki walks over to the cafeteria and orders a burger and a coke for himself. He sits at an empty table. 5 mins by and Mobius hasn't shown up. Then 10 minutes pass by and Mobius still hadn't shown up. Loki started thinking that Mobius forgot about him and also thought that Mobius in general didn't want to come join him for lunch. Loki started overthinking it. Then 20 passed by and he got a text from Mobius.

Mobius: I just wanted to say I'm sorry for not coming. I had to finish something up. Raincheck?

Loki reads the message and becomes sad. He wanted to hang out with Mobius today.

Loki: Okay.

Loki hits send and puts his phone in his pocket. He throws his food away and walks over to Slyvies office. He opens the door and finds her eating a salad.

"Loki where are your manners?"

"What?", he asked confused.

"You didn't knock on the door. You just walked in", She told him.

" Oh, I'm sorry. Can I come in?"

"You are already inside. What's wrong this time?"

Loki took a seat in the empty chair across from Sylvie and said", I asked Mobius if he wanted to have lunch with me and he never showed up. He texted me saying he had to finish stuff. I know I shouldn't be sad and all but I just wanted to have lunch with him. We haven't had lunch together in a month".

"Loki... just ask Mobius on a date".

"Not happening. I'm pretty sure he's straight".

"Well you will never know unless you ask him", she said as she winked at him.

"Maybe".

"Not maybe. Say yes you'll do it".

"I don't know".

"Well with that attitude... you'll never get him".

"Well I doubt I'll ever get him. He's straight I think and plus I think he only sees me as a friend, nothing more".

"Maybe he's not straight and likes you too".

"That's not true", Loki said.

"Never say never Loks".

"I will say never... because I know it will never happen".

Sylvie was done with Lokis bullshit. So she said", Well Loki it was nice talking to you, but I need to be somewhere in 5 minutes".

"Okay, bye Sylvie", Loki said as he waved at her and exited her office.

She has no one else to be. So she walked over to Mobius's office and knocked on the door. Mobius said", Come in", and she entered. She took a seat in the empty chair across Mobius

Mobius had his arms on the desk and asked:", What brings you here Sylvie?"

"I have a question for you".

"Okay, ask away".

"So do you like like Loki?"

"Is it that obvious?", he asked.

"Wait you actually like him?"

"Uh... yes but please don't tell Loki. I don't want to ruin our friendship".

Wow, Sylvie thought. Those two idiots are in denial and refuse to tell each other how they feel. Sylvie smiled.

"Well... Loki like likes you too. He was literally just telling me how much he likes you and he was sad that you missed lunch".

"Seriously?", Mobius asked, he had to make sure what she was saying was true.

"Yes you idiot. so you better go tell him how you feel".

"Okay, I will".

"I would say good luck but I already know Loki will say yes", Sylvie added.

Mobius smiled at her and Sylvie left his office.

Mobius pulled his phone out and texted Loki.

Mobius: Come to my office. I have something to ask you.

Loki froze in place when he read the message. What was Mobius going to ask him? Loki quickly became nervous and his anxiety shot all the way up. He was so scared. He didn't want to go to Mobius office now. He was scared of what Mobius would ask him so instead, he decided to lie.

Loki: I can't right now. I'm going home early because Thor is coming in town.

Mobius: Okay. Tell Thor I said hi.

Loki: Will do.

Loki went straight home. He called Thor and invited him over.

Thor comes over:

"Loki brother what movie are we going to watch?"

"I don't know. I can't decide".

They ended up watching Rambo First Blood.

Then Sylvie texted him.

Sylvie: Did Mobius talk to you yet?

Loki: He told me to come to his office but I lied to him and didn't go. Because I'm scared of what he's gonna say but since I'm guessing you know... Can you tell me what Mobius is gonna ask me?

Sylvie: Mobius asked you to his office because he like likes you too. I told him.

Loki: Shit. I was scared over nothing.

Sylvie: Yes you were and you better make things right.

Loki: I will.

Loki told Thor that he had to go somewhere and left. He drove to Mobius's apartment and knocked on his door. Mobius opened the door and without any warning... Loki pulled Mobius into a deep passionate kiss. Mobius kissed back.

After a few minutes, Loki broke away for air and looked at Mobius. "What question were you going to ask me today?"

Mobius smiled at him and said", I was going to ask you if you liked me but I already know the answer now".

Loki chuckled a bit and smiled at Mobius.

Mobius pulled Loki back into a kiss and afterward... Mobius invited Loki inside his apartment.