The Crush (Rick/Negan)

Rick, Shane, Daryl, and Negan are Sheriffs in this story.

Rick has a crush on his co-worker Negan but is scared to tell him how he feels. There's a company party tomorrow. Rick didn't want to go but at the same time, he wanted to go because Negan would be there. Rick liked looking at him.

Ever since Negan started working there Rick has been trying to get the courage to talk to him but he just couldn't do it. His anxiety was the thing holding him back. It's been 3 months since Negan started working there and Rick hasn't said a single word to him.

Shane is always talking to Negan. Daryl is Negan's work partner. They go out and arrest the criminals and watch out for the speeding cars. Rick gets along with Daryl. Shane is Rick's best friend.

Rick is on his computer filling some stuff out when Shane walked over to him and sat on top of his desk.

Rick looked up at his friend and asked:", What do you want, Shane?"

"Me, Negan, and Daryl are going out to lunch, and I was wondering if would like to come".

Rick wasn't ready to meet Negan yet so he was going to have to pass. "I'm going stay and finish up work".

"Okay, Rick. Want me to bring you anything back?"

"I'm good", Rick replied.

"Alrighty, well see ya Rick", Shane said as he jumped off the desk.

For the rest of the day, Rick just worked on filing stuff out. When it was time to go, Rick got ready to leave. He saw Shane talking to Negan. He walked out very quickly and got to his car and drove off.

The next day Rick woke up early went to work. He sat down at his desk and drank his hot steaming cup of coffee.

Shane came over to him and asked:", Are you ready for the company party tonight?"

Rick just nodded at him.

"Are you bringing anyone?"

"No I'm not", Rick answered.

"Rick you need to find someone. You've been single your whole life and I don't want you to be alone forever".

"Shane I'll find someone when I'm ready", Rick replied.

"Yeah like that will ever happen", Shane acknowledged.

Rick thought about telling Shane that he liked Negan. Rick was thinking about whether he should tell him or not, and then Shane spoke again.

"You know Rick If you want I can help you set up an account for an online dating website?"

Rick shook his head at his friend. He didn't want that. " I- uh... I have a crush on someone I work with", he admitted.

"Who?", Shane asked. He needed to know.

"Um... It's Negan", Rick confessed, looking away from Shane.

"That- That actually makes sense since you are always avoiding him."

"Yeah...", was all Rick said.

"You should tell Negan you like him", Shane said.

"Hell no. That's never happening".

"So your plan is to never talk to Negan and just be in love with him?".

"Yes", Rick said crossing his arms.

"Yeah... That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. You an idiot Rick Grimes".

Rick rolled his eyes at his friend. " You better not tell anyone. Especially Negan".

"I promise Rick. Your secret is safe with me", Shane replied. Shane wasn't going to keep this secret. He has a plan now and he hopes his plan works.

"Thank you Shane", Rick said.

Shane knew Negan had a crush on Rick too because Negan would sometimes say shit like this:

"Is it me or is Rick hot as fuck".

"If I was going to be stuck on an island with someone... I would want to be stuck with Rick".

" I wonder what Rick would look like with just a thong on?"

"I what to slap and squeeze Rick's ass".

" My life won't be complete until I see Rick fucking Grimes naked".

"I bet Rick would look gorgeous on a motorcycle but he would look even better if was riding behind me and had his arms wrapped around me tightly".

Negan wasn't stupid, he knew Rick was avoiding him for some reason. He just wasn't sure what the reason was. Negan didn't want to bother Rick and so he never spoke to him. If Rick didn't like him then Negan wasn't going to do anything.

At the company party:

Rick found Shane quickly. Rick spent the party avoiding Negan at all cost. He mostly hanged with his other co-workers. Rick hanged with Daryl for a bit.

"How's the married life?", Rick asked Daryl as he took a sip of his soda.

"It's really good", Daryl answered.

"That's good to hear".

"The real question is... When are you going to find someone?"

Rick didn't like when people would ask him that kind of question.

" I don't know. Maybe one day I'll meet someone", Rick explained.

"Well if you want I can set you up on a blind date. I have a lot of single friends".

"Thank you, Daryl but I'm good".

Daryl just nodded at him and said" Okay".

Just then Shane came to the center of the room and yelled loudly", Can I have everyone's attention?"

Everyone looked at Shane.

" I just want to say that... My friend Rick Grimes over there", Shane yelled as he pointed at Rick. Everyone turned their heads to look at Rick and then they looked back at Shane. Rick shook his head at Shane to tell him to stop but Shane ignored him. "Well Rick has a big crush on Negan and he's too scared to tell him how he feels!"

Rick looked at Negan in horror and Negan looked back at him. Rick quickly turned around and ran out of the building. He grabbed his keys from his pocket to open his car door. His hands were shaking so much that he dropped the keys and had to pick them up.

Negan ran out of the building too and found Rick picking up his keys. Negan ran over to him and yelled", Rick!".

Rick looked at Negan. His mouth became very dry. He couldn't speak. He didn't know what to say His anxiety levels were going all the way up. He just felt like throwing up. He just stayed there frozen staring at Negan.

Negan stepped close to Rick and said", Rick I like you too. I didn't say anything because I thought you hated me".

Rick couldn't believe what he was hearing. He didn't think Negan would ever like him. Rick always saw himself as not attractive but a smile appeared on his face since Negan liked him back. Rick now had the courage to talk " I-I was scared to talk to you. I didn't think you would like me", Rick admitted.

Negan smiled a bit before saying", Rick you are in fact the most gorgeous man I ever laid my eyes on".

"Really?", Rick asked.

"Yes really".

Rick smiled more.

"So Mr. Rick Grimes may I take you out on a date tomorrow evening?" Negan asked.

"Yes, you can".

After that... Negan pulled Rick into a kiss.