White Wings

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•H/C: Hair Color

Your POV:

"What will Darin say?" I ask my companion worriedly. How in the heck am I supposed to explain that my invisible friend is now visible? He knows about me talking to Laurence, but he always went along with it, likely thinking he's an imaginary friend like Catherine does. Just thinking about that makes me angry. Why does no one believe me when I say he's real?

"We can worry about him another time. For now, I'll just disappear until we reach your room. Then, we can play a game together," he suggests with that beautiful smile on his lips that makes my heart race.

"But, isn't not telling him like lying? You always told me to be truthful."

"Lying? How so? It's not lying if he doesn't ask and you don't tell, right? We'll just wait until there's a good time to introduce me."

I hum softly in uncertainty. I don't like keeping secrets from people.

"Can't we just tell them now?"

"Oh, Sweetness." Laurence sighs softly before stopping. I halt my walk as well and meet his eyes. Two of his hands cup my cheeks, warming the cold flesh, before rubbing soft circles with his thumbs. "Darin will not understand, the same way your sister won't understand. It's better if we come up with a plan first before saying anything."

Frowning, I pull away from his hands before continuing to walk home. Laurence quickly catches up and takes my hand before we cross the street.

"Now, now, remember to look before crossing."

Oh, yeah. How could I forget? After the last time I didn't look both ways, I've been nervous around busy streets. My mind was just elsewhere now, so I forgot to check for cars. I certainly don't want a repeat of the accident. I grip his hand tight before we go across after verifying that the coast was clear.

"How come the won't understand?"

"They don't know me like you do, Y/N. They might be weary of our bond and will try to separate us."

"Well, I guess I don't want that to happen."

"Neither do I, Sweetness. This is for the best." My hand is lifted to his lips so that he could plant a gentle kiss on the back of it. "I'm sorry it must be this way, my dear, but you must understand that most humans fear what they no nothing about. Even beings like me can be confused for...others."

"You know, I don't think you've ever mentioned what you are."

"I haven't?" He seemed a little surprised, but laughed it off. "How about I show you, then? When we reach your room, of course. I can't just reveal myself out in the open like this." He glances back and forth, showing he was talking about the other people walking around that were also heading home from school.

I nod, understanding that he wanted to keep things private. I suppose I just got a little excited to finally introduce my friend to my family face-to-face. Once we reach the house, we stand in front of the door as I fish out the key from my coat pocket. Laurence lifts my chin and kisses my forehead before fading to nothing. He turned invisible again. Reaching out in front of me, I come into contact with the fabric of Laurence's dark grey jacket. A small frown appears on my lips, for I miss the feeling of the intricate designs on the man's armor. I would very much like to see it. I bet it looks cool.