chapter 7 - Time, stop!/ Rykers morals

Ryker

Ryker fiddled with the his scythe in rectangular box form, a smooth black with a white line around it, spinning it into scythe form and back into box form, he sat bored watching the demi gods do their training, sharpening, and general preparations for when Chaos came raining down. Artemis and her brother Apollo came walking over to the assassin, "Hey, get up, the council wants to debrief you on your time with Chaos." Artemis said lightly kicking him,  he sighed getting up and dusting off his clothes with an unenthusiastic "yaayyyy" he took hold of Apollos arm and was transported to Olympus.

"Congrats on being, who I think is the first full blooded mortal in the realm of the gods. You should be more excited than you look." Apollo said, Ryker shrugged but walked on none the less but secretly amazed at the marvels of Olympus, but his face couldn't hide his reaction to the look of the throne room, even Ryker would admit...it was a million dollar sight.

All the Gods sat in their respective chairs each fitting their rightful God, Artemis pointed to the center of the room and walked to her own throne with her brother. Ares and Ryker gave eachother a nod acknowledging a sort of comrade relationship, earning still yet a few confused looks from others but that's not why he was there, "So, Ryker, start from the beginning if you could." Zeus spoke, everyone else eyeing him waiting for a story to be told.

"Want the skinny who spare no gory details?" Zeus waved him on and Ryker gave the whole story, sparing no details as during his time in the ranks of Chaos took the time and opportunity on how they move, operate, guard and think and how he even obtained rank of the first hand of Chaos.  The council stayed silent but glanced at each other and Ryker assumed they were having one of those silent mental discussions but eventually they all shrunk to normal size and the throne room converted into a war strategist room  as the gods walked around a table that had a holographic map of the whole united states, the west side marked in red signaling the control Chaos has over the states and the east showing the army of Olympys in gold, with the rest being uncharted or untaken green. 

"Ryker, we've accumulated anyone who would pick up a weapon against Chaos, most titans have joined our side although we had   promise them numerous things out of it and-" Ryker stopped listening after that as he knew what the gods final question would be him, his hand on the handle of his sword gripped as he thought more of Percy, Ryker not wanting to go out yet thought about his bullshit wager to the goddess Artemis and hoped to every god he stood infront of that He comes back in fighting shape. "What do you think, Ryker?" the assassin snapped his look back to the gods who all looked at him. 

"About what exactly?" 

"without Percy, incase he doesn't come back,  with all the assets I've listed, what chance do you think we all got?" Zeus asked,

"He will come back, father." Artemis interjected through grit teeth, but Zeus wasn't paying attention. Ryker scoffed and looked down at the board and slightly chuckled and shook his head looking back eyeing each god with straight confidence. "Do any of you really want to know the answer to that?" hesitantly they all nodded. "You're all of shit, I mean with our army at the best of the best of its performance we could maybe stand a chance against his army," hopeful faces spread through the group, "However...Chaos steps onto that battle field...I don't care if its all of us against just him, we got nothing.  It seems the fate of Olympus once again lies in the hands of someone we have no idea on the location of." Ryker has never seen so many confidence shattered all at once and especially not prides of those who are gods. "None the less though....we fight until Percy comes back, I don't care how long it takes." it wasn't much but that seemed to steal their nerves back a bit. 

Artemis and Ryker walked back through wilderness back into their front liner camp, saying no words between each other but Artemis kept looking at the assassin as if she was confused. "What is it, speak your mind, goddess." she finally sighed and stopped to turn to Ryker. "why are you here assassin?"