Chapter 2- Everyone else, return of the lost one

Jason

Jason sat down and took a sip of much needed cold beer, due to recent events things have been quite busy.

Jason was appointed baby sitter for most of Olympus' army, making sure everyone was accounted for, not defecting, that kind of thing.

Nico has been put in charge of rallying an army in the underworld with his dad, that was a week ago and no one has heard what happened to him since.

While the rest of prophecy children are all running around doing any errand that were told.

Jason did get a small chance to catch up with Percy, the man he once considered an equal but now is out of his league in power.

Olympus held a memorial service for Annabeth and even put up a statue of her on Olympus, engraved and everything. Percy seemed to be doing better, when Jason was there with Piper she swear she sensed something coming off of Artemis when she was around Percy.

Jason figured it was aggravation considering she didn't like males, although she did give Percy the time of day.

Jason did thank the huntress, Percy seemed better when around her and she took the compliment with pride.

"Honey," Jason heard Piper call, they lived in small quarters so their parents could just call them and they'd be there in a jiffy, its no so bad considering he does sleep with Piper, yes in both ways you're thinking of but that's none of your business.

"Yeah Pipes?" He asked walking into the kitchen, although truthfully he was thankful for his girlfriend, she kept him sane when he wanted to drive his fist through a wall, whenever Jason hugged her all of his problems seemed to melt away, it was Elysium on earth.

But then there's Leo, Jason often thought about that crazy Latino, he wished he was able to see him once more, he always knew what to say to lighten the mood and even though no one would smile, he was happy Leo was around.

He kind of pissed him off they had nothing to bury of him, the last fuck you as it were from the earth Primordial was to take Leo with her.

Although he couldn't imagine what Percy and Artemis go through, being on the front lines of this war, while there isn't much battling with the occasional strike force back and forth, they still have a lot more to do than any of us.

Piper and him talked for awhile, eating dinner and saying some prayers for their friends and finally settling down for relaxing dinner, which half way was interrupted by a task his father issued.

They rushed to the throne room and quickly knelt in front of his father, "What can I do for you, dad?" His father Zeus waved some other demi gods away with orders and turned his attention to him, "We got word that Chaos will be sending an assault on the front, and they need extra support, You and Percy seemed to fight well together and so I'm sending you to him. Piper too." Jason and Piper perked up, excited they nodded and knelt again and left in a hurry to pack.

**

Percy

"Percy, good news" Artemis called up to him, Percy looked down from the branch he was perched, he had been keeping a watchful eye on the perimeter for a while now waiting for that assault, "Yeah! what's that Arty?" Within a couple of seconds the huntress was by his side smiling, "Your friends Jason and Piper are going to be joining us for reinforcements!" Percy felt really excited, yet really scared again.

Artemis seemed to catch on because put a hand on his shoulder, "We will not lose them, Percy...not like....well...not like we lost her."

"I lost her." Percy growled, lowering his head, "I was stupid and wasn't paying attention...its my fault."