Epilogue

"Imagine if you guys get to record an album!" Lucy says excitedly. We were sitting up on the roof of mine and Thomas' home. Just as I'd been told those weeks ago up on Adam's roof, the bar to protect us from falling's there, finally able to serve its purpose. 

Adam bursts out in laughter. "It'll be the weirdest album ever."

Lucy raises a jet black eyebrow. "What makes you say that?"

He shoots her an incredulous look. "Luke's some sort of punk-rocker and Maya's a sweet little country-pop princess."

"Because Luke's so hardcore," I laugh, feeling Luke's arm momentarily tighten around my shoulders.

Fiona pipes up from besides Adam. "That's a good thing babe. Your album will be unique and that'll get you sales. Why do you think you don't really see celebrity impersonators in Hollywood?"

Adam doesn't answer her, instead pulling her in for a sickeningly sweet kiss.

I, however take the time to look at all my friends- my family. 

Fiona and Lucy, my two best girlfriends, who also happen to be the girlfriends of the two closest guys I have to brothers. Adam, the quirky, sometimes air-headed jock looking stereotype with a soft spot for a bubbly girl with royal blue-hair. Thomas, the protective older-brother who, while he can be misguided, always means well. The guitar player that was charmed by a gorgeous Indian ballerina. 

Then there's Luke. Months ago, I never would have dreamed that I would fall for ocean-blue eyes and jet-black hair. But here he was, Luke had taken me by storm and his effect on me wasn't always good. He made me cry, he made me scream, he made me reckless.

He made me love.

We'd been officially back together since Christmas day, and it had been the best week of my life. Luke and I completed each other, it was as simple as that. No matter how many times we fell away from each other, I knew we'd always find our way back.

Luke had left a permanent mark on me, and I on him. I knew that the moment I saw his newly pierced lip, which he accompanied with "didn't you say I'd look sexy with a lip ring?"

He did.

I rest my head on Luke's shoulder as I look out at the sky. The stars, the moon, the clouds.

"You know," I say quietly, five pairs of curious eyes turn to me. "When I first moved here, everything was," I pause, trying to find the right words. "Dark. The moon was gone, clouds covered the stars and I was lost." My hand absentmindedly reaches up to play with Luke's hair. "Then I found Thomas and Luke and all of you guys. All the sudden, the moon came back, the clouds shifted and I could see. You all showed me that dusk is temporary, dawn's just around the corner."

Luke presses a gentle kiss to my head. 

"Guys!" Fiona calls. "It's nearly midnight!"

"Countdown?" Thomas asks.

"Countdown," Fiona confirms.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" We all shout before fireworks from the local party burst into the sky.

It was then, as shouts of "Happy New Year!" rung through the air and Luke pulled me in for a kiss that I knew I had made it. The worst year of my life was over and the only was to go was up.

After all, there's always dawn after dusk.