Chapter 25

Have you ever woken up in the morning and just known it's going to be a bad day and no matter how strong you want to be, you just know that you can't deal with anyone's crap today and one little thing will set you off?

Because today was one of those days.

Surprisingly, my Mother and Alexander actually ignored each other this morning which, in my current state, is actually quite a relief. I hadn't told anyone that I thought my Mother could be cheating, just like she did was Dad. I kept telling myself it was because I didn't know for sure but in reality, I'm hoping that it'll go away if I ignore it.

Part way through breakfast, my Mother leaves using some lame excuse about looking at wedding flowers. Alexander weakly protests, however she refuses to listen before walking out.

Thomas, Abigail and I all arrive at school and, for the second day in a row, Abigail ignores the popular crowd.

"What up with her?" Thomas asks as he watches her run into school.

"We had a chat a couple days ago, I think she realised that having a few true friends is better than having many fake friends," I shrug.

Thomas simply flashes me a quick smile before getting out of the car. I go to follow him but, much like yesterday, I'm stopped by dumb and dumber.

"You know," Kayla smiles. "We've been thinking and considering you've ruined our relationships, we've decided to ruin something of yours."

I'm simply silent as I let them talk.

"So keep an eye out," Hannah laughs. "Come on, Kayla. Her disgusting, well, everything might rub off on us." They walk away with a manic laugh. I simply walk into school.

Everyone's talking animatedly when we arrive, mainly about our YouTube video that Lucy uploaded last night. Well, except Thomas and Lucy who are once again off in their own world.

Can they just make out already?

"Hey, Maya! Did you see the video?" Lucy asks.

I offer what must look like a weak smile. "Yeah, it was great." What I didn't say though, was that I had also seen all the comments and while most of them were talking about how eager our fans were for new music or how cute the couples were, there were a few negative one about me.

And somehow, the vast amount of good could never counteract the impact of the miniscule bad.

Luke casually throws an arm around my shoulders, something I've become accustomed to at this point. My hand automatically moves to lace in his.

"So you haven't done a video with just you in a while..." Lucy trails off.

"Oh yeah, I was thinking of maybe doing a piano version of This Is Gospel. I need to work on it though."

"We can work on it today in music," Luke interrupts. "If that's alright with you," he adds.

I shrug. "Knock yourself out."

The bell rings seconds later, with a quick "bye!" we all depart to class.

As the day progresses, I can feel unnecessary anxiety building in my chest and the worst part is that when Luke's asks what's wrong, I don't even have a definitive answer. Maybe it's the fact that if my Mother's cheating, I'll have to leave the first true friends I've ever known, or maybe it's the YouTube comments, which have been constantly playing on my mind since our very first video, or maybe it's the constant torment from Hannah and Kayla.

Music comes around slower than usual but I'm thankful for the distraction. Luke sits by me at the piano and despite him knowing next to nothing about piano, I'm thankful for the company.