Chapter 26

"Can they just make out already?" I groan to Fiona as Lucy rushes out of my room to "help Thomas get ready."

Yeah right.

"I agree. I think an intervention's needed," Fiona agrees while applying a hint of blush to her cheeks. "You nervous?"

I take a break from curling my hair to look at her. "Is it wrong to be? This is our first paid gig."

"You have every right to be," she pulls out her camera. "Well since Lucy's MIA," she flicks the one button. "How's it going Maya?"

I go back to loosely curling my hair. "This is so nerve-wracking. If we nail this then we get a permanent gig. This is basically a job interview."

"You know, the fans have been asking for new music," Fiona states.

"Is this 73 questions with Vogue?" I laugh. "Well I'm sorry to disappoint but all Luke and I have at the moment are sappy love songs."

"You guys are so cute."

Lucy chooses that moment to re-enter my room. Exhaling a dreamy sigh, she falls back on my bed. Fiona aims the camera at her. "Aww puppy love," she gushes.

Lucy responds by throwing a pillow at her. Quickly handing the camera at me with a rushed "film this," Fiona picks the pillow up from begins all but assaulting Lucy with it. A squeal of laughter comes from Lucy as she picks up another pillow and starts a full on pillow-fight.

Watching them fight gives me an idea. "Hey guys," the girls stop their fight and turn to me. "How about we begin a little prank war?" I point the camera to my face and release a manic laugh.

­____________________

"Oh my gosh, that's so lame," Lucy laughs, holding up the camera. "I love it."

"Still don't know why we couldn't do the ice water thing," Fiona grumbles.

The girls and I all head downstairs into the kitchen where Abigail's standing at the fridge. As I make my way to the pantry, Abigail raises a suspicious eyebrow. "And what are you guys up to?"

"Just... nothing," I say, suppressing a girly giggle. I swiftly grab the cling wrap and we all quickly retreat upstairs. "I'm sorry but would you girls set up while I go change for the show? I have a feeling that I won't have time in between running for my life after we do this."

"Sure, go ahead," Fiona lightly pushes me to my walk-in closet. I quickly grab my outfit and pull it on before looking in the floor length mirror. My black, long sleeve off the shoulder top compliments my mid-thigh length red skirt. Paired with black ankle boots and smoke eyes, I was ready for our first paid gig.

"You look hot," Lucy says when I exit. "It's done, by the way."

What must look like an evil smirk crosses my face. "Great, let's get this show on the road." I exit my room and stand in front of Thomas' door. I knock frantically on the door. "Guys, come outside, quick!" I yell frantically.

"Nice acting," Fiona mouths. I simply shrug.

There's a loud crash from the room before the door bursts open and no less than three muscular bodies crash into the cling wrap covering the door frame. A few groans emerge from the mess of limbs on the floor, including a very distinct "no, my hair!" from Adam before he looks at us. "Better run."

"And how do you plan on getting out, babe?" Fiona smirks smugly.

"You're evil," he pouts.

Thomas' face suddenly lights up. Crap. "Guys, I have an idea." He goes to his desk and picks up a pair of scissors. "I'll give you a head start."