Eyes for the Better

<• Third Person's POV •>

Sun sighed. He had to find a Pokémon, but he had the worst luck. Then something caught his eye. Something beautiful. Something golden. Something shiny.

Now, some may not know this about Sun, but the thing is... he's a sucker for money.

Sun became a totally different person when money came into the picture. "Money..." He drooled.

He became an idiot.

And with that he lunged. He firmly grasped the golden oval shape as he tumbled on the ground.

Sun looked up to see an unhappy Meowth with his arms folded.

"What's this guy doing?" A boy with blue hair asked.

"Money~" Sun mumbled, in a trance as he stared at the golden pellet shape on Meowth's forehead.

A girl with a crop top and long velvet hair squatted down and poked Sun. "Is he dead?" The blue haired guy asked.

The girl's eyes flashed with a small glare of mischief, "We were not whatsoever responsible for this, alright Meowth? James?"

The two nodded viciously.

"We ain't getting arrested today, Officer Jenny!" Meowth smirked.

And with that, a Bewear appeared from thin air, scooping them up and skedaddling away.

"Alrighty then..." he murmured as he stared off into the distance.

Sun shook his head quickly. "I gotta learn how to control my urges."

Apparently, the poor boy was too dazed by money to even notice a talking Pokémon. And the Alolan Meowth that followed him in odd wonder.

<• Meanwhile •>

All the groups returned sooner or later. One of the many returned with a true Pokémon, caught by a true battle. Two others came back with Pokémon trailing behind them.

Upon seeing this, Professor Kukui stifled a chuckle. It didn't work. Sun and Hau looked at him weirdly before Kukui pointed behind them. Crabrawler and Meowth.

Sun inhaled deeply when he saw the shiny pellet on the purple Meowth's forehead. He drooled as he slowly approached the Meowth.

Hau squatted down to examine the Pokémon. "Woah! Wanna be friends?" The Crabrawler waved its fists about happily.

Moon and Lillie watched in amazement. "Could you really just befriend a Pokémon that quickly?!" Lillie asked in awe. "And that easily?!" Moon exclaimed in the same manner as Lillie.

Professor Kukui grinned. "I guess so!"

Everybody just laughed. Even Sun. (NoT gLaDiOn ThO)

The gang began walking heir separate ways until somebody finally noticed Sun. "Is he okay?" Gladion murmured, creeped out.

"He probably saw something, money-wise," Moon giggled. How he loved her giggle.

Sun suddenly dashed past them. "I'm getting dinner first!"

Moon perked up, yelling a goodbye to Gladion before rushing after Sun. "Sun! That's not fair, you got a head start!"

Gladion chuckled, before walking home himself. After all, his nice rental room in the motel on Route 8 was cozy enough.

Just as they walked away, a rustle was heard in the bushes. Two pairs of big, shiny, blue eyes that could pierce through your soul shone brightly. Gladion whipped around but saw nothing.

"I must be imagining things."

Gladion hadn't really imagined anything.

But the owners of those four eyes could change his life.

For the better, of course.

Right?

Just kidding.

It'll be good.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Hey guys! So as y'all know, Hallows Eve is coming up, and I wanted to do something cool for you guys! You excited! You better be! Cause I'm ready to get your hopes up!

Wow, that's an exclamation point each sentence.

Dang.

Also, I apologize, because this chapter is sorta short, heheh. I wanted to try to get it finished because I didn't update on Sunday. I think. Did I? I forgot lol.

ANYHOO, I plan on doing a chapter based around Halloween. Here's where you vote.

1) Special chapter, solely based on Halloween and not having anything to do with the plot.

2) Halloweeny chapter that goes along with the plot, but with Halloween as the plot.

wHiCh OnE wIlL yOu PiCk?

                  See you next time!

See you next time!