Hau

<• Moon POV •>

I grunted as I set down the heavy stack of boxes in my room. Why did we have to move? I mean, I even had to say goodbye to Red and Green. It's a pain in the butt.

At least I can still call them, but I must say, I do miss them. "Moon! Mom wants you!" Sun, my twin brother, called. "Okay!" I replied. I opened my bedroom door. Since we just moved in, there obviously wasn't any furniture, so my mom was standing in a spot perfect for a couch.

"Okay, guys, Professor Oak called. He said to go to the Pokémon Center so he could transport your Pokémon." She explained.

"Yay! I get my Charmeleon back!" I cheered. "And I get my Wartortle!" Sun did a fist pump. "Remember, don't get separated. There's a Pokémon Center next door, but you never know what might happen!" She reminded.

Sun and I rolled our eyes, smiling. Of course she would be like that, even if we were just walking about 30 feet away. "Well, What are we waiting for?" Sun turned to me. "Let's go!" I smiled, running out of the house. "Love ya, Mom!" We called back to her.

I shut the door behind us and nodded at Sun. "You excited?" I asked. "Like, yeah, I am!" He smiled. "I can't believe the plane we rode on didn't allow Pokémon to be outside their Pokeballs!" I exclaimed.

He nodded. "Yeah, I mean, it was clearly bad luck that Charmeleon and Wartortle hate being in their Pokeballs." I shook my head. "Yeah, but being in their Pokeballs for a couple seconds while being transported with the PC is better than being in their Pokeballs for many hours.

Sun shrugged, "Yeah, I guess so." The Pokémon Center's doors slid open. A happy tune was playing when we walked in. A tan boy with dark forest green hair was getting something from the cafe before running over towards the exit.. "Please, come again!" Nurse Joy called. The boy looked back at her and grinned before running straight into us, knocking us down.

"Oh my gosh, sorry!" The boy sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. He scrambled up before outstretching both his hands to help us up. "It's fine." Sun said. I dusted myself off. "At least let me treat you for it, I mean, I practically rammed into you. Let me get you guys malasadas." He grinned.

I looked at Sun and shrugged. Sun shot me a look saying, 'Mom told us to stay safe. For all we know, this guy could be trying to kidnap us!' I glanced at the green haired boy. He was awaiting our answer.

'Really? That boy looks as old as us. I don't think his intention is to kidnap us.' Sun sighed. Honestly, it's kind of creepy how we can talk to each other with our eyes. Maybe it's a twin thing?

"Fine, we'll go, just... give us a moment." The tan boy gave us a thumbs up. We smiled and walked to the PC to call Professor Oak. A couple of seconds later, there he was waving at us through the screen. "Hello, Sun and Moon! Did your mother tell you why I called you here?" We nodded enthusiastically.

He chuckled. "Alright then!" He left the screen to get something. When he came back, he held two Pokeballs. I grinned. "Okay, Moon, here comes Charmeleon!" My smile was getting bigger by the second. Then, a Pokeball appeared in a small slot. I reached over and grabbed it.

Still smiling, I threw it up into the air. "Let's go, Charmeleon!" A blue ray flashed and out emerged my beautiful red Charmeleon. "Oh, boy, did I miss you!" I went over and hugged it. But Whoops! I touched its tail. "Wowzers! That's hot." I chuckled.

"Hey, Sun, can you go ask Nurse Joy for a burn heal?" He nodded before going off to Nurse Joy. The green haired boy rushed over to me. "Woah, I saw what happened, you okay?" He asked worriedly. I smiled. "Yeah, thanks." I helped myself up.

           Sun came back with a burn heal in his right hand. I quickly thanked him before using it on my hand. Then, I turned to the green haired boy. "By the way, I never caught your name..." He laughed. "Oh, yeah! My name is Hau." He extended his hand, which I gladly shook. "Moon." I said.

           "And this is my brother, Sun." Hau turned to Sun. "Hi!" They shook hands. "Oh, by the way," Hau said, "since you guys are new, you probably don't know the proper greeting, here."

       We shook our heads, "No, we don't." He nodded. "It goes like this." He had his hands move in a semicircle motion. "Alola." Sun and I watched carefully before nodding in understanding. "Hey, if you already knew the proper greeting here, then why did you shake hands with us?" Sun asked. Wartortle And Charmeleon walked over to us, ready to leave the Pokémon Center.

         Hau smiled brightly, putting his hands at the back of his neck. "I wanted to teach you guys first!" Sun and I shared a look. A good look. Maybe this guy wasn't going to kidnap us.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

This is the first time I went straight into the chapter without a prologue, so I hope I did okay. Anyway, thanks for reading!

 Anyway, thanks for reading!

Word Count: 905 words