(23)

Flash back to Lucas when he was fifteen.

⚠️This chapter is pretty explicit⚠️.

Mom and Dad were out of town for the weekend. Meaning we were home with Francesca.

I'd been at Flynn's house for the afternoon. But declined eating dinner there. So Francesca had sent the car service for me and it was just getting dark when I got home.

Max was out for the night at his girlfriends. Francesca didn't know that though. She thought he'd decided to sleep over at Flynn's.

The weather was cooling down, sort of. The leaves were falling. Halloween had just come and gone.

But apparently someone missed the memo because when I walked past Abby's bedroom and saw her friend Jorjia smoking a cigarette on the little patio, I wondered if she was still in costume.

She was wearing a pair of black short shorts, a cropped tank top with a skull on the front of it. Her thin black hair was in waves and her make up was thick around her almond shaped, green gaze.

I stood at the threshold and crossed my arms while Abby sorted through a pile of clothes on her bed. Her outfit made me do a double take as well.

She was wearing a skirt which didn't leave much to the imagination. As well as a tight top that might as well have been a bandage for all of the midriff and chest it exposed.

I wasn't going to get into an argument over it right then and there though. Not with her friend hanging about.

She'd been spending more time with Jorjia from school. I hadn't talked to her a whole lot. She just sort of appeared and the two of them had become close.

From what I gathered due to observation, Milly wasn't a huge fan. It was probably something to do with feeling threatened. Girls were so territorial over their besties.

"Oh, hey, Luc," Abby said and threw a pair of jeans into the corner of the room where a large pile of clothes was gathering. "What's going on?"

"Not a lot," I watched Jorjia stub out her cigarette and drop it into the pot plant that was rested on the railing. She wandered inside. "What are you guys doing?"

"I'm donating a couple of things," Abby said, turning a knee length skirt over in her hands. She wore it all the time. "Making room for some new outfits. It's been a while since I updated my closet."

"That has to go," Jorjia sat on the edge of the bed and pointed at the skirt.

She didn't use a malicious tone or sound as if she was demanding Abby throw it in the trash. She sounded encouraging and almost motivational. I wanted to agree with her but I knew how much Abby loved that skirt.

"You're right," Abby said after a moment of hesitating. "It's so old."

She threw it into her donation pile and I winced because it looked as though there would be nothing left in her closet if she kept it up.

Jorjia set her sights on me and threw her leg across her knee. It was weird how mature she seemed. She was wearing next to nothing, she'd been smoking a cigarette and her body was womanly.

Big boobs and a curvaceous waist.

"How's football season going, Lou?" She asked.

The nickname was a little out of left field. It was Luc or tosspot, as Mills liked to refer to me. But never Lou. I didn't comment on it though.