(2)

"Fuck, shit," I had a heart attack when I spotted a red head sitting at the breakfast bar on Tuesday morning.

Milly turned around with furrowed brows and I exhaled a sigh of relief. "You looked like Reece for a split second. Damn redheads."

My sister's British best friend scowled. "I am strawberry blonde, Lucas. Reece is a box dye fire hydrant. Don't start with me." 

Her and Abby continued their conversation while I got a cold water from the fridge. I'd been working out since five in the morning and I missed no chance to walk around shirtless in front of Mills. Even though she couldn't care less. 

"So this new bloke," Mills said to Abby. "What's his name?"

"Tanner," Abby said. "He's from Irving and phew. He's gorgeous. I jus—" she glanced over at where I was leaning against the countertop with raised brows.

"No no, continue," I straightened up and folded my arms. "Tell me all about this beautiful Tanner."

"Piss off Lucas," Milly scowled. "Stop being a pain in the arse."

"I could be in your ass if you'd prefer," I winked, she pretended to gag. 

It's no secret she's in love with Max, but teasing her is a favorite past time. It pisses her off and I wouldn't be opposed to letting her use me if she wanted a quick fuck. She's gorgeous. Plus Max and I are identical twins, how can she want him and not me?

"Can you please stop ruining my life for like five minutes," Abby stood up and rounded the breakfast bar. She gripped my shoulders and turned me around, pushing me towards the door. "Go and get changed. We have to leave soon. Where's Max?"

"Beating off."

"I'm not beating off," Max appeared, fastening his school tie. "I'm good to go."

"Morning Max," Milly waved from where she sat.

Max gave her a small smile but carried on packing up his lunch. I didn't know what his issue was. Yeah he had a girlfriend but she lived in New York. The long distance thing seemed so boring. He could have had proper sex with our sister's beautiful British friend and Kyla would never find out. But no. He just used his hand and a webcam.

"Hurry up and get dressed," Abby gave me another shove. "We need to leave soon."

When the four of us arrived at school, we went in our own directions. Max leaned against the school wall and stared at his phone while I talked to the team. His interest was becoming less and less focused on football. He'd never been as passionate about it as I was. But now it was blatantly obvious he'd rather be anywhere else. 

"Bro," I gestured he follow me and we went inside. "What's up man? You didn't talk to the team at practice yesterday. You didn't say hello just now. What's the deal?"

"I dunno," he shrugged as we weaved through the students, greeting friends as we went. "Dude I just don't think I care. Like I can't be bothered with football and the team and practice. It's more effort than it's worth."

"So. . . quit," I said.

He turned to look at me with confusion. "I don't want to disappoint people."

"You mean Mom and Dad?"

He nodded.

"Mom and Dad won't give a shit."

"Mom might not. But you know what Dad's like. He's so hype about the fact that we could join the NFL together."

He was right. Dad did go on about how he couldn't wait for us to go pro together. But it didn't matter. "Na. As long as one of us makes it," I laughed and gave him a nudge. "He wouldn't push it if you didn't want to do it. Do what you want. Which is what by the way?"