Chapter 24: Standing Together

Skylar's POV

After finding Vladimir and Stephan Carlisle offered for them to join us at the house. I let everyone go ahead of me and met back up with them in the house after changing back into my clothes.

"When Aro wants someone from a coven it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime." Eleazar informed.

"So he's done this before?" I asked.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern." Eleazar said crossing his arms.

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant." Elijah added.

"This person always has an ability." Eleazar nodded. "And they're always given a place with the Guard."

"This is all about Alice." Emmett spoke up. "He has no one like her."

"Which is why he left." Bella stated.

"Why does he need witnesses?" Connor asked.

"To spread the word that justice has been served." Alistair said with his arm wrapped around Lexi.

"After he slaughters and entire coven." Lexi added.

"Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving." Amun said pushing himself off the wall.

"And where will you go?" Nik asked.

"He's right." I agreed standing up, walking over next to Emmett. "What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina, or Kate, or anyone else with a gift? Anyone they want."

"Sky's right. Their goal isn't punishment, it's power. It's acquisition." Emmett stated. "Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family. But also for yours. And for the way you want to live."

This caused everyone to go silent until the Mikaelson's, Salvatore's, and Halliwell's stood up.

"We'll fight with you, we're family." Leo said with a nod.

"The packs will fight." Jake said standing up.

"We've never been afraid of vampires." Jared nodded.

"We will fight." Tanya said as her and her coven stood up.

"This wouldn't be the first time I fought a king's rule." Garrett said stepping forward along with the other nomads.

"We'll join you." Benjamin agreed.

"No." Amun frowned.

"I will do the right thing, Amun." Benjamin said looking at him. "You may do as you please."

"We will stand with you." Senna agreed.

"So will we." Siobhan said standing up with her coven.

"That didn't take much." Vladimir frowned.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that." I nodded.

"We'll see." Alistair told Carlisle but I saw Lexi roll her eyes at him before looking at me and sending me a nod, she'll fight.