Chapter Sixteen- When The Day Met The Night

Chapter Sixteen: When The Day Met The Night,

otherwise known as;

Chapter 16: Confession Attempt Number One, Day Two in The Forest

The Mr and Mrs Fish thing... yeah, my Mum told me that when mine and my sister's two Goldfish, Rizzle and Kick, died. Even though we're 15. Our Mum's weird X3

- - -

I sat up slowly and yawned, realising that I was A: still sat on the stump, and B: recieving a death glare supreme from Sakura.

I glared back at her, "Whachu lookin' at, forehead-" then, when I tried to stand, I noticed the arm wrapped around my waist, and the Sasuke attached to the arm, and Sakura's glare made sense. My cheeks pinkened, "Ohhhh..."

I rubbed my cheeks with both hands, trying to figure out a way out of this mess. It seemed like I got into these sort of situations way too often.

My stomach suddenly growled. I groaned, deciding to forsake my dignity in lieu of getting food faster. I bent down close to the sleeping boy's ear, and pulled in a deep breath.

"SASUKE WAKE UP I'M HUNGRY!!" I screamed, and then quickly dodged as he shot up into the air. I brushed my hands together and stood as he landed on his ass, seemingly braindead from the volume of my shout, if the drool that rolled down from his mouth told me anything. I glanced over and saw that apparently my yell had killed Naruto and Sakura too. Oops... hehe.

I was continually poking Naruto in the forehead when Sasuke came around, sitting up from where I had dragged him (since he didn't want to let go of me, apparently). He looked confused.

"Sachi, what are you doing?" he asked, and I drew an invisible frowny face on Naruto's forehead.

"I miss my sketchpad..." I whined, ignoring his question completely, then sighing and slamming my fist down on Naruto's head. "WAKE UP DUMMY!! I'M HUNGRY SO YOU AND SASUKE HAVE TO CATCH BREAKFAST NOW!"

"Wait, what? Why do we have to do it?!" Sasuke asked, and I paused, before turning to face him, dramatically slowly.

"Because you don't want to see me when I'm reeeaally hungry..." I whispered in a creepy voice, and he just stared at me, disbelieving, so I grabbed his arm and slung him in the river that was conveniently located nearby. I then dumped Naruto in there too, off of the small cliff-like hillock that protruded from the riverbank.

"While you two catch fish, I'm going downstream to wash up. No. Peeping." I glared at both of them, my stomach growling the whole while, then stalked off. No one paid any mind to the still unconscious Sakura back at camp. Heh.

I followed the river into the guard of some trees, no doubt the most privacy I would get for this whole exam. Yay. I then stripped down to my underwear, stepping into the pristine water before squealing and leaping out. It was freezing!

Ignoring the urge to bash my head repeatedly against the tree, I stepped back into the water, gritting my teeth and shivering. My mind couldn't help but wander back in the direction of this morning, when I had been plenty warm enough, sharing someone else's body heat...

Okay, ew, stop it Sachi. My cheeks started to flush red, and I scowled.

"Dead puppies, dead puppies, dead puppies..." I chanted to myself, and that forced down the fuzzy feeling and the blush. Poor little puppies! They didn't ask to die! My lips trembled, now unable to get the vision of dead puppies out of my head. Quickly, I bent down and dunked my head under the freezing water, then leapt back up again, "Eyaah!!! Fuck that's cold!!!"

But it worked. Focusing my mind on the plant life around me, I quickly laid down in the water and used it to rinse any dirt from my hair, pulling it out of it's braid. Once that was done, I hurried out of the water, and shook myself down. I was just going to have to deal with wet hair for a while.