Chapter 11 How Did You Know?

Start from the beginning

"How did you know I'm the leader?" He asked roughly.

I didn't reply.

"I ASKED YOU HOW DID YOU KNOW I'M THE LEADER??" He was angry. I jumped at his voice..

"I.. I.." I wasn't able to say anything.

I guess his blood must be boiling. Cuz his body was going darker shade of red after every few seconds.

Fear was creeping all over my body.

"Listen I won't repeat my words again. Saying it for the last time tell me how did you know?" I could feel my body getting sweatier more and more as the time passed. I took a deep breath and said.

"I'll tell everything but let me cover this wound.."

"Fine just do it fast.." I nodded and started to cover it again.

After a few minutes I was done covering the wound. He was impatiently waiting for me to answer his question..

"I want the answer to my question."

I took a deep breath and started to tell him everything.

"That day when that water incident took place and I came to your room to ask for First Aid Kit. You went into the bathroom to get it." I continued. "There was some notifications on your laptop bout a guy Chance and your name was written at the last of that note with gang leader next to it."

He was more angrier than earlier.

"Why did you check my stuff?" He pressed his hands with my arms harshly.

Tears started to stream down my eyes.

I was about to say that I didn't mean to but he spoke.
"Why did you do this Natalie?" His voice softened. "You don't what you have gotten yourself into!" his facial features were softened.

"I'm sorry Damon. I didn't mean to do it."

"But now you've done it. And you have to follow the omerta!"

I was confused. Omerta? What's that?

And then again sneezing starts. Oh god!

"You should sleep. Its late now." He stood up and went into the bathroom.

I laid down in the bed waiting for him to come and take my room.
Duh!? I'm on the bed with a fractured leg. How am I supposed to go?
I closed my eyes waiting for him to come but sleep took over me.

Damon's pov

I was angry frustrated and sad. I know these emotions don't mix with each other. But Natalie is in a big trouble.

There's no way of saving her.

When I came out of the bathroom after changing into a pair of sweatpants and nothing on top, I saw her in my bed sleeping.

I placed her properly in my bed covering her with covers and laying next to her.

I was worried. She has to follow the omerta.

Omerta is a set of rules that a person who is in mafia  or knows about Mafia has to follow. If they break the rules the decision will be made by the gangleader what punishment should be given to the person who breaks the rule. Mostly the guy has to give up his life.

I can't do anything to her.

Thinking bout what to do with the problem I slept.

The next morning I woke with her in my arms and saw her sleeping as if she's having the best sleep and can never have it again.