Believe Me

They returned home later on in the day after their little outing. "I told you not to buy it..." "But it was really cute. And it's to make us even since you got me the keychain." Minchan gingerly held the matching keychain then attached it to his bracelet. "Not gonna put it on your keys? Or bag?" "I will, but for now it'll stay here." Geonhak headed upstairs as Minchan made a beeline for the kitchen. He pulled out a few containers then hoped it was enough for Geonhak.

"Wow, so Dongheon did leave food behind." Minchan watched as he happily ate while a tv show played. "Are you not going to eat?" "I'm full just by seeing you eat." Geonhak rolled his eyes then filled the piece of lettuce with food. "Eat." "No." "Eat." "N-" Geonhak forced himself onto Minchan's invisible body then took a few attempts to get it in his mouth. "It's really inconvenient not being able to see you..." "Stop pouting. It makes you cuter." "Stop it...watch the show..."

ㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇ

"So you're telling me that you left those two alone for the entire day?" Dongheon nodded then caused Seoho to sigh heavily. "You both won't have a home to go back to. Remember when Minchan tried heating something up?" "That was 2 years ago." "It can happen again." Dongheon waved his statement away as he petted Dongju. "Why don't you treat me like that, Seo?" "You don't deserve it." Kangmin pouted then felt a hand on his head. "Maybe if you behaved more, like now." Seoho soon found Kangmin in his arms and couldn't help but smile widely.

ㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇ

"It's already evening and they aren't back yet..." "Guess we have to cook for ourselves." "I'll uh, do the cooking." Minchan rolled his eyes as Geonhak got to work. "I'm here if you need help..." He quietly watched as Geonhak cooked. He wanted to help, but he figured Geonhak wouldn't want it considering what took place this morning. "Ouch..." Minchan was instantly by his side and looking him over. "What happened?" He checked his arm and saw that hot oil had jumped it's way onto his skin. "Go cool it off, I'll finish up here." "But Mi-" "Go."

Geonhak came downstairs and was glad to not smell anything smoking. "Minchan...everything okay?" Silence. He hurried to the kitchen then saw a pair of chopsticks moving in the air. "Come eat." "Is it safe?" "Yes." They ate in silence as they didn't know what to talk about. "Mini?" "Hm?" "What did you think when you first saw me...?" Geonhak waited anxiously for Minchan's reply. "I thought, 'He's not a happy teen like most.'" It was the truth. He wondered what could make a child so depressed early on. He had his whole life ahead of him to look forward to.

"I'm going to turn in early..." Minchan watched as Geonhak left his seat and headed up the stairs. "He hardly ate...Was it really bad?" He mentally kicked himself for having zero cooking skills. "Geonhak, was it the food!?" He quickly followed after Geonhak then stopped at his bedroom door. Sniffling could be heard and he wasn't sure if Geonhak would want to be seen in that state. He decided to risk it as he couldn't sit still knowing his human was upset over something.

"I'm coming in..." He placed a box of tissues on one side then sat down on the other. "You don't have to talk, just cry." He held Geonhak close as he cried more. "My parents always had a hard time because of me, but they gave me nothing but love and support. I wish I could've done more for them..." Minchan dabbed at Geonhak's eyes then felt him grab his hand. "I can do the rest myself..." He let go of the tissue then wondered why Geonhak was staring at him.

Just then the door opened and Dongju stepped in. "We're back..." "Welcome back..." Dongju left and had completely drained the mood for the both of them.