Believe Me

Minchan watched in awe as Geonhak walked around shirtless. "He has so much muscle...I'm still envious..." "Are you coming today, Minchan?" "No. I have a job as well. I had a day off yesterday." "I didn't know you worked. I guess it can't be helped." "I'm a simple nickname call away." Geonhak slipped on his blazer then looked down at the paper. "Nickname call? What's that?"

"You usually give an angel a nickname so it'd be a special and easier way to contact them and have them by your side." Geonhak hummed in understanding then left the room with Minchan following. "I'll call you Mini then. How does that sound?" Minchan wanted to protest, but it was kind of cute in a way. "I like it." "Then I'll see you when I get home. Later." He waved as Geonhak left out the front door.

"Aw, what a cute nickname." "Oh shut up 'Heonnie'." Dongheon crossed his arms then looked away in embarrassment. "He didn't eat breakfast..." "Wait, really?" They both rushed to pack his portion into containers then Dongheon sent Minchan after him.

He finally spotted him waiting on the platform with others then hurried over to him. His face filled with horror as Geonhak was bumped into and falling towards the tracks. He dropped everything and barely made it in catching his arm. He struggled to pull him up then felt others help him in his rescue. Minchan watched as Geonhak hyperventilated and heard the train enter the station. "Geonhak..." Minchan felt tears sting his eyes as he held him close.

"Mini...you really came..." Minchan could hear his quiet sobs then wished he couldn't. The train eventually took off and they were now the only two left on the platform. "I think you should call in..." "Yeah. I'll tell them I'm running late..." "That's not-" He took Geonhak's phone then put it in his pocket. "We're going home. I can't imagine what the rest of today would be like without me being present." He helped Geonhak up then picked up the dropped bag on their way out.

"You're both back? And you look terrible...What happened?" "He almost fell onto the tracks." Dongheon looked at them with a horror stricken face. "I'm so glad I sent him after you with breakfast..."

Minchan watched over Geonhak as he lied down in bed. "Minchan..." "What?" Minchan sighed then reached for paper until he heard Geonhak sit up. "Minchan." He began to write on paper but Geonhak held his hand up. "Speak." "Hi..." Geonhak quickly got out of bed then held his hands out for Minchan to take. "I can hear you." "What?" "I can hear you!" Minchan watched in amusement and joy as Geonhak jumped around.

Dongheon opened the door and was confused by what he saw. "Dongheon, I can hear him! I can't believe it!" "Me either..." Minchan shrugged as he watched Geonhak longer. "This is great, but why do I have a bad feeling..." "You're old, hush." Dongheon smacked his arm then left the room annoyed. "Hey, Minchan." "Listening." "My 15th birthday...why didn't you transform right away?" "I don't know either, but I did an hour after you went to sleep. I was excited to meet you, but you simply walked past me the next morning. I thought it was a joke, but..."

"Well, it's great we have each other now...The loneliness was killing me..." "But, you have your friends, Geon..." Geonhak sighed then motioned for him to sit on the bed with him. "That's true, but I wanted what they had. A special one on one friendship with my angel. Someone who understands me without having to explain. Someone who would always be there for me...dry my tears and celebrate things with me..." Geonhak found himself searching for Minchan's lap then resting his head on it. "Thank you for existing, Minchan, even if you arrived late..."