See Me

Minchan trudged his way inside and was greeted warmly by Dongheon. "Weren't you going to spend the day with Geonhak?" "I messed up. Badly." He rapidly blinked before heading upstairs. "Wait, what happened?" "I failed again!" "Failed what?" "Protecting him...First hot coffee and now he badly cut himself..." He was in tears. He hated seeing Geonhak suffer, and it always seemed to be his own fault. "We can't stop everything..." "A guy who's long since given up on believing I exist then decides to trust me after learning of my presence and I let two bad things happen? It's like nothing changed for him."

Dongheon could tell Minchan was greatly troubled, but nothing he could say would make anything better. "You have to keep trying. Do you really want to be out of his life that bad?" "No..." "Then get yourself together and protect your lifelong partner." Minchan wiped his cheeks as he looked at Dongheon. "I've never seen you both so happy ever since you started communicating. Don't you give up now...he needs you." He found himself being hugged by Minchan and was grateful he had somewhat changed his mind.

ㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇ

Geonhak tapped his chopsticks against his plate as he sat alone. The warm presence he recently felt was now gone. He missed it. "Why was I so mad...I was the one who messed up..." He softly groaned in frustration as he knew he needed to find Minchan and apologize. Just as he was about to get up, the warm presence had come back. "Minchan, is that you...?" He took out a small notepad and pen then placed it on the table. They moved sideways and the pen was soon put to work. "Before you say anything, I'm sorry. I was being unreasonable...I'll talk it out with you from now on." Minchan stopped writing then looked at Geonhak.

"It's my fault. I should have been there instead of wandering around..." "Well, I did say you could roam..." Minchan watched as Geonhak had briefly lit up then produced a small plastic bag from his bag. "Did you buy this? Chanjun called me and said I left something. He brought it down for me." He shyly looked away as Geonhak waved the small plush keychain in the air. "I did...I know words and material gifts only do so much, but I wanted to get you something..." Geonhak shook his head then attached it to his bag. "Thank you. I'll treasure it, Minchan."

Geonhak noticed a faint image of a young man rippled across the seat of where he assumed Minchan sat. "Minchan..." "What's up?" He reached out and was surprised to actually feel something there. "I...I can touch you..." He looked in Minchan's direction then felt something seize his hand. "Oh my god..." Minchan held his hand tightly as this meant they were finally making a small dent in the barrier between them.

Geonhak felt a little weird holding Minchan's hand as he couldn't see him, but no one around them seemed to question it. "Can they see you?" He felt Minchan make the symbol for yes on the palm of his hand. "I figured since no one was looking at us strangely..." They entered the building again as Geonhak's lunch break was over. He slowly let go and hoped Minchan was following behind him.

The rest of the day went by smoothly and Geonhak was now off the clock. "Ready to go?" Minchan replied with the yes symbol. "Bet Dongheon made lots of food tonight. Should we tell them what happened today?" "Maybe. Don't expect a huge reaction from them."

ㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇㅇ

Geonhak opened the door and was surprised to hear more than two voices. "Uh oh..." They slowly entered and saw that the others had come as well. "Welcome home. How was work?" "Amazing. I managed to cut my finger. Always wanted a new cut." "I heard you had something to tell us?" Everyone looked at Dongju who was staring at Geonhak as he ate. "I wasn't expecting company to be here...maybe another time..." He motioned for Minchan to follow him, but his path was soon blocked by Hwanwoong. "Let's not be hasty. Tell us. We'd like to know." "Um..." The others soon gasped then started cheering.

"I haven't-" He then saw Kangmin shaking the air beside him. "Minchan told us. We're so proud of you both." Dongheon nodded in agreement with Seoho. "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." "Alright, bookworm." "What did you call me, Kangmin?" Everyone watched as Seoho chased Kangmin around causing Geonhak to wonder how they were even paired together.